LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
He isn't really manipulative though, which is kinda Jacob's thing. That's why I think it's Sawyer.

Well I was thinking it is more because he seems incorruptible....

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
I figured there's gotta be some tie-in with the "electro magentic energy" there. Otherwise that whole angle of the series is totally lost and irrelevant.

The stuff the swan was keeping under control? That Jack and them blew up in the finale of season 5? Seems to me that they covered that.

Yeah but what was it or what point did it serve on the island? What the hell was that wheel thing Ben turned and what, exactly, did it do? Why did entering the island from different angles result in time shifts? Why did leaving the island on anything but a certain angle lead to you circling back around?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Yeah but what was it or what point did it serve on the island? What the hell was that wheel thing Ben turned and what, exactly, did it do? Why did entering the island from different angles result in time shifts? Why did leaving the island on anything but a certain angle lead to you circling back around?

There's still 9 hours left in the show.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Something is the "cork". What that is, who knows.

The candidates maybe?

Maybe Flocke can't leave, until they're either all dead or all on his side.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 03:08 AM)
Maybe if Jacob is dead and someone takes him off of the island?

There seem to be multiple ways of containing Smokey.

- Whatever Jacob is doing

- Whatever Dogen was doing at the Temple until he died

- The sonic (?) fences used by the Dharma folks and Widmore

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
There seem to be multiple ways of containing Smokey.

- Whatever Jacob is doing

- Whatever Dogen was doing at the Temple until he died

- The sonic (?) fences used by the Dharma folks and Widmore

something about ash too right?

Info on the May 4th Episode:

Jacob & Man in Black Centric Episode

It seems the episode will resolve around their back story.

Airing on May 4, the hour is titled "Across The Sea" and Michael Emerson refers to it as "kooky." In what way?

"It pushes the envelope," the actor told E! News!. "It's set in a time and a place that you never have seen on a network series before, I would venture to say. When was the last time you saw a network drama episode where none of the series regulars were in the episode? That's how kooky it is."

Adds Nestor Carbonell:

"[An] episode with a huge reveal is episode 15. It's really well done."

Note, I put all the information in a spoiler tag as it relates to the centricity (is that a word??) of an upcoming episode.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I came across this during a bible study I was at last night:

Revelation 9:1-6

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

So my fiance and I were bored Friday night and started to re-watch some of Season 1 on Netflix. A few thoughts:

1) This was a completely different show. Their was so much more mystery and intrigue and genuine tension. That's going to happen naturally though as the show progresses to more and more reveals.

2) The Kate/ Jack story was just as annoying from the first episode.

3) The Black vs. White theme was prevelant from the start. In the pilot, Locke is explaining backgammon to Walt on the beach with black and white game pieces and "good vs evil". When Jack finds Adam & Eve in the cave, one of the bodies has the black and white stones that Jacob and the other guy have.

Just some random thoughts.