LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
How can an episode be termed "great" if half of it is excruciatingly boring and utterly pointless? The on-the-island stuff was solid I guess but when I just don't give a s*** about the alt. story and it drags like it did today I can't bring myself to grade the episode any higher than a "meh".

except the alt is sort of all coming together... to what i have no idea...

on island was friggin great - between clair getting the go-ahead to kill kate, widmore being a good guy, the return of desmond, and potentially most importantly, the return of the electromagnetism question.

next week will be awesome.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the on-island stuff barely advanced the plot: Jin is kidnapped (done in 2 minutes), Sun bumps her head (but could communicate anyway so who cares), Locke declares war (again, done in 2 minutes) and we see Desmond (last 30 seconds). They're wasting a lot of time with only a handful of episodes left.

The alt stuff was pretty boring until the Russian guy was shot in the eye. That made me go "oh!" outloud. As did Sun's "reveal."

Pretty meh episode, but can't expect much after last week (and presumably next week). It's too bad someone posted that spoiler (with spoiler tags I know, but like I'm not going to read that!) otherwise the Desmond reveal would have been a little cooler. Really though the only choice for that "package" was Desmond, Hawking, or Faraday's ex-guinnea pig.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
The alt stuff was pretty boring until the Russian guy was shot in the eye. That made me go "oh!" outloud. As did Sun's "reveal."

Pretty meh episode, but can't expect much after last week (and presumably next week). It's too bad someone posted that spoiler (with spoiler tags I know, but like I'm not going to read that!) otherwise the Desmond reveal would have been a little cooler. Really though the only choice for that "package" was Desmond, Hawking, or Faraday's ex-guinnea pig.

I had actually thought it might have been the Kwon kid. How cool of a twist would it have been for her to be the candidate?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)
I had actually thought it might have been the Kwon kid. How cool of a twist would it have been for her to be the candidate?

Wow. I didn't even think of that. That would have been cool.

I forgot to add too that my major complaint about this season is how they really neutered a bunch of characters, Sayid being the biggest. He's just a walking zombie. Claire was never great, but she's just some crazy bush lady (and really I don't think she can play that part very convincingley... the craziness all seems really forced). I've never been a fan of Kate, but she normally has more than 2 things to say and now she's just got the same worried/angry look on her face as she delivers her lines.

The lone bright spot - Frank. Couple of good zingers in this one.

A couple of things.

Everyone appears to be ending up in the hospital in the alt timeline. I actually am liking these as I think they are all going to end up meaning something. Mikael was a nice touch

The episode I thought advacned the plot pretty well although I thought smokey killing everyone at the temple meant the war was already on. We also learn that Widmore and Ben are fighting for the same thing and against Smokey. The line about Smokey going to Hydra island was great.

Anyone think Sayid was shot with the medicine used to fight off the sickness?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
Even the on-island stuff barely advanced the plot: Jin is kidnapped (done in 2 minutes), Sun bumps her head (but could communicate anyway so who cares), Locke declares war (again, done in 2 minutes) and we see Desmond (last 30 seconds). They're wasting a lot of time with only a handful of episodes left.

You left out the two biggest things Charles is trying to stop MIB, and is now on the same side as Ben they've just always been rivals on the same side I guess, and that MIB needs all the candidates to leave with him to get off. I guess that answers the question why cant the MIB leave now that Jacob is dead, it looks like the candidates keep him there too.

Edit: You also left out about us finding out about them "Ceasing to exist" if smokey gets off the island. Which does that mean the world ceases to exist? the timeline they're in ceases to exist? Do they die or do they get the sickness.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
You left out the two biggest things Charles is trying to stop MIB,
we already knew that from last week or the week before

and is now on the same side as Ben they've just always been rivals on the same side I guess,

I hope they bother explaining that.

and that MIB needs all the candidates to leave with him to get off. I guess that answers the question why cant the MIB leave now that Jacob is dead, it looks like the candidates keep him there too.

You're right, that added a bit of information.

Edit: You also left out about us finding out about them "Ceasing to exist" if smokey gets off the island. Which does that mean the world ceases to exist? the timeline they're in ceases to exist? Do they die or do they get the sickness.

They said something like 'everyone you love and know', which I take it to mean he's going to destroy the world. But it's already been about trying to contain a powerful evil force, so that's not really new information.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Stumbled across this here...not sure whether it means anything or not.

Pictures have surfaced showing Michael Emerson injured on set. Reports suggest he was filming a fight scene with Desmond's stunt double when he was accidentally punched for real, leaving him with a black eye.

OOPS!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
I tend to agree with that. But man is it real close to "island"

When I first heard it, I thought he said "island" as well. Had to go back on the DVR a couple of times to clarify it.

Here's an interesting theory I heard on the LOST Podcast with Jay and Jack:

Man in Black wants to be free so he can "go home"... go back in time to reunite with his body and humanity. Doing so would then alter the timeline from that point forward, making the 2007 timeline and all their love ones "cease to exist".

That makes me wonder.... are we REALLY seeing a "post-bomb" timeline or is it the result of Smokey actually leaving the island?

Interesting though.