LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in the regular time line Charles told Desmond that he needed his special abilities. This is the second time that Desmond has gone successfully to the alternate universe and returned (failure to press button where he goes to the alternate and then returns naked, at the time there was no context for Desmond being in an alternative world.) To me that is clear that Desmond is going to need to go to the alternate universe and do something, perhaps find jacob, who knows. To me it seems that Charles is saying to Desmond if he doesnt do it, then the man in black is going to win, and all of this universe will be destroyed.

At the same time in alternate universe, people are starting to be brought together. Desmond now has a mission to first collect the names and then find the people on board the flight. Another thing is that Elouise seems to know something by stating that Desmond should not be following that path and her implication that some how Charlie seeing the other side had disrupted the natural order of that universe.

Thus I believe that the alternate characters or going to become critical in saving the regular time line.

Not really a spoiler, but its my theory and well it predicts the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
And that would be?

reeeeally?

dude the fact that it's NOT an epilogue, not a lot of things people theorized about, but something tangible that widmore and eloise know about. something viscerally connected to the "real world". Two different times wherein Penny is once again Desmond's constant, and he can travel between.

ps - i told a friend last week that i thought constants would come back to play a role. totally right. :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 03:28 AM)
reeeeally?

dude the fact that it's NOT an epilogue, not a lot of things people theorized about, but something tangible that widmore and eloise know about. something viscerally connected to the "real world". Two different times wherein Penny is once again Desmond's constant, and he can travel between.

ps - i told a friend last week that i thought constants would come back to play a role. totally right. :)

I wasn't being sarcastic with my question, FWIW

Reading theories on lospedia forums, someone brings up a good point about near death experiences triggering memories from the other timelines and points out that last season in "This Place is Death", when Charlotte is losing it, he rambles things out loud. Maybe something from her alt bleeding through.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Reading theories on lospedia forums, someone brings up a good point about near death experiences triggering memories from the other timelines and points out that last season in "This Place is Death", when Charlotte is losing it, he rambles things out loud. Maybe something from her alt bleeding through.

hasn't that happened more than just with charlotte?

juliet off the top of my head, but i think there's more...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
hasn't that happened more than just with charlotte?

juliet off the top of my head, but i think there's more...

Good point. You mean with her "It worked" line to Sawyer in the season premiere?

Sepinwall fast tonight...

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/04/lost...t-desmonds.html

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Good point. You mean with her "It worked" line to Sawyer in the season premiere?

Sepinwall fast tonight...

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/04/lost...t-desmonds.html

Definitely means Juliet probably saw the opposite timeline when she died, or like someone said about dead people going to the ALT maybe Juliet was going there?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)

This is the second time that Desmond has gone successfully to the alternate universe and returned (failure to press button where he goes to the alternate and then returns naked, at the time there was no context for Desmond being in an alternative world.)

Wait, he didnt enter the alternate reality after the Swan implosion. His mind jumped back in time to 1996. Am I wrong?

A great Lost episode is normally one where you're completely engaged for the hour and still have no idea what you just watched. That's exactly how I felt about this one. I couldn't wait to get back from commercial break, and after 60 minutes, I'm still not quite sure what we just watched.

Athome,

You seem to be right. That he did indeed flash to the past. I just looked back at the episode information and there is a lot of hidden stuff in there (meaning Id have to rewatch it to really come to a correct conclusion.)

It appears that there were similar scenes involving Widmore and Hawking. Im not 100% sure if the flashback to the past was the actual past, or if it was an alternative past. Without rewatching the episode it wont be easy. (The reason I say it may be an alternative past, is that the way the website is written, http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Hu..._travel_to_1996. "Ms. Hawking, the jewelry store clerk, revealed that Desmond was not supposed to buy the ring, that he was supposed to have second thoughts and abandon Penny. She further claimed to know that Desmond's future would involve going to the Island and pushing the button in the Swan."

From the way its written, it would seem that Desmond being told that information was the first time he had heard it. As he had already been on the island, this would mean that the 1996 he had gone to was not exactly the same. Furthermore the entire soccer scene and him being "wrong about the day", would correlate with the alternate time line that flight 815 was on a different date etc. Obviously at the time the episode aired there was no way to know any of this information.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Athome,

You seem to be right. That he did indeed flash to the past. I just looked back at the episode information and there is a lot of hidden stuff in there (meaning Id have to rewatch it to really come to a correct conclusion.)

It appears that there were similar scenes involving Widmore and Hawking. Im not 100% sure if the flashback to the past was the actual past, or if it was an alternative past. Without rewatching the episode it wont be easy. (The reason I say it may be an alternative past, is that the way the website is written, http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Hu..._travel_to_1996. "Ms. Hawking, the jewelry store clerk, revealed that Desmond was not supposed to buy the ring, that he was supposed to have second thoughts and abandon Penny. She further claimed to know that Desmond's future would involve going to the Island and pushing the button in the Swan."

From the way its written, it would seem that Desmond being told that information was the first time he had heard it. As he had already been on the island, this would mean that the 1996 he had gone to was not exactly the same. Furthermore the entire soccer scene and him being "wrong about the day", would correlate with the alternate time line that flight 815 was on a different date etc. Obviously at the time the episode aired there was no way to know any of this information.

They've come out and said that was a prop error. The flight dates are the same.

I've been watching Lost from the beginning and I'm in to Season 2 know. Something I noticed before last night is that just about every Desmond episode involves a lot of flashbacks and a lot of playing the same scenes we've already seen. I found the later annoying the first time around but I'm wondering if that was intentional now.