LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted more clarity in who their mom was. Why was she on the island and who picked her for that role? Where those people the first "Others" or where there more before them? Were all the temples and statues created yet? Who created them anyway?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I wanted more clarity in who their mom was.

I completely agree

Why was she on the island and who picked her for that role?

I have a feeling there will be more about this in the last 3.5 hours. If not her specifically, the islands origin.

Where those people the first "Others" or where there more before them?

Odds are they were not the FIRST, but they were the most recent. However, if they are of Egyptian origin, then they well may be the first as there wasnt much sea travel before that.

Were all the temples and statues created yet? Who created them anyway?

My belief is no. Who is to be determined.

I have a very strong fear that that was the end of any pre-modern times island story. I think that's all they are going to give us. Which was a big mountain of dog s***. They dropped the creativity ball so hard on that one. I could have written a more interesting and entertaining back story for the 2 biggest (and most important) characters of the last 2 seasons (if not the show).

And I don't buy that the writers knew who adam/eve were. Adam/Eve were a couple, not a mother and her "son." What a crock of poop.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
I have a very strong fear that that was the end of any pre-modern times island story. I think that's all they are going to give us. Which was a big mountain of dog s***. They dropped the creativity ball so hard on that one. I could have written a more interesting and entertaining back story for the 2 biggest (and most important) characters of the last 2 seasons (if not the show).

And I don't buy that the writers knew who adam/eve were. Adam/Eve were a couple, not a mother and her "son." What a crock of poop.

They already tied it back to the modern times in the last couple of minutes. There is no way that they can ditch the modern time, that is the crux of the entire story. Everything else is just background.

I was fine with the episode as I believe it provided the background for what will be the final conflict. Some interesting thoughts (and one not so interesting that I had)

1) It seemed to me that the "mother" was trying to have MIB kill her. That is why she says "Thank You" at the end. Perhaps she could only be killed by Jacob or MIB, and the reason why she loved MIB more was that she knew one day he would be the one to free her from the island.

2) I believe the knife used to kill the mother is the same knife that Jacob and MIB have been trying to use to kill eachother.

3) The name "Jacob" would imply that the people were of Greek origin. Jacob is a hebrew name and therefore would not have been one taken by Egyptians. The language that they were speaking seemed Greek and there is a variation of Jacob in Greek.

4) From this episode it now seems unclear how much Jacob truly knows. His mother never fully explained his purpose, and what he has stated previously (that they need to stop MIB from leaving the island) is not exactly what his mother stated (they need to protect the light from others.) While it seems that the outcome would be similar (darkness for all), it may or may not be true that MIB actually has to stay on the island. Furthermore, the transformation of to MIB, is entirely unexplained and may never be understood by Jacob.

5) MIB is called "special" and can see dead people. Walt is called special. Is there some sort of connection that will unfold?

6) What is Jacob's real mothers role in this? It was implied that she was the one telling MIB how to find a way off the island. It also was implied that the fake mother knew that this would work. It would seem that eventually the wheel does get created, but for whatever reason can no longer get MIB off the island.

I think the episode has some foreshadowing as well, its just hard to know without seeing the end.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
They already tied it back to the modern times in the last couple of minutes. There is no way that they can ditch the modern time, that is the crux of the entire story. Everything else is just background.

He said end of pre-modern times, meaning we will only see the current timeline on the island and maybe the flash-sideways, but no more island back story. So we're left with a bunch of non-answers that didn't make any sense.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
"I'm going to hook up this wheel to a system of light and water! and then I'll turn the wheel and I'll leave!"

One of many "WTF? Why do they keep insulting our intelligence?" moments from last night.

LOL

Yeah what the hell was all that about.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
I completely agree

I have a feeling there will be more about this in the last 3.5 hours. If not her specifically, the islands origin.

Odds are they were not the FIRST, but they were the most recent. However, if they are of Egyptian origin, then they well may be the first as there wasnt much sea travel before that.

My belief is no. Who is to be determined.

There's really no evidence that the Egyptians ever explored that part of the world though.

I dont believe they are Egyptian, I believe that they are Greek (see my previous post). This would make the most sense as the Greek's were one of the first sea-faring people and the name Jacob (which came from his mother). Also the fact that none of the people have Egyptian features, would be a hint.

As for the wheel, its clear that MIB was told. My guess is that his real mother told him. My next guess is that MIB in the future has people rebuild the wheel, but because of his transformation can no longer leave that way (if he could ever have left, its unclear whether or not his fake mother was just playing him).

It also should be clear that not everything will be answered, for the simple fact that Jacob appears to not know them, so who else would?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
There's really no evidence that the Egyptians ever explored that part of the world though.

Polynesians were exploring the Pacific in the late BCE (ie 300 BCE-0BCE), but the people on the island looked more like germanic europeans than asian or even mediterranian.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
Polynesians were exploring the Pacific in the late BCE (ie 300 BCE-0BCE), but the people on the island looked more like germanic europeans than asian or even mediterranian.

There are fringe theories about the Phoenecians doing a great bit of seafaring but they are not commonly accepted.