LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

It's strange, but I can't but help feel that if there was another season to this show, it would have made this season much more tolerable. Unless these writers are amazingly efficient, it sure seems like they wasted at least 20 minutes every episode on some mediocre flash sideways and then had to rush everything into a 2 1/2 hour finale.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2010 -> 05:01 AM)
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed this weeks episode. Answered some questions and I can see this thing having an ending.

I thought it was a great episode to set up the finale.

You know with the two or three deaths (still a bit unsure about Richard) we saw last night.....Miles is still out there in the jungle running around. I would sure like to see him show up and help take down Flocke. Maybe somehow he can get help from the island spirits and take him down.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
I don't think the complaint was that the winner was a volunteer rather than someone chosen by Jacob, but that all the huge buildup of candidates led to a super short scene where one guy quickly volunteered and the other three sat there.

Also, thanks SO MUCH, Jack, for not bothering to ask questions of Jacob about what the job actually entails or why you're doing it. I guess the skeptical man-of-science to unquestioning, gullible, man-of-faith change is complete.

Who's to say Jack ENDS up as the Island's guardian anyway? Couldn't this be a big swerve before the 2.5 hr finale?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
If Richard is dead that has to be the lamest death on the series so far. One of the most mysterious characters we've seen that's been around all this time to just go away in the blink of an eye?

I agree. Although I doubt he is dead. They usually show a dead body on this show to put the exclamation point on deaths.

I don't think Ben is really with MIB. I hope he has one of his plans, because he always has one and somehow turns on MIB in the finale and kills him. The reason I think this is because at the end of the episode MIB said "I'm going to destroy the island" and there is no way Ben wants to destroy the island.

I am finally starting to realize that this is a tv show not a movie and they can't just sit and explain everything, the show would've lasted one season. I think a lot of the BS was just entertainment that they are weaving back in, in certain cases.

The numbers, time travel, Locke, polar bears, Abaddo, Dharma, Rose/Bernard, etc. These were just things to fill 6 seasons of television and the key is to entertain us Sunday for 2.5 hours.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 19, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
You know with the two or three deaths (still a bit unsure about Richard) we saw last night.....Miles is still out there in the jungle running around. I would sure like to see him show up and help take down Flocke. Maybe somehow he can get help from the island spirits and take him down.

The show always needs more Miles, he's the best character.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
So who does everyone think Jack's ex-wife is in the sideways world? My guess is Juliet, although I'm not really going out on a limb.

I'll say Julie Bowen, since Locke was still together with Peggy Bundy.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I'll say Julie Bowen, since Locke was still together with Peggy Bundy.

I was thinking Juliet but you maybe right about it being Sarah. I can't remember if I heard Julie Bowen taping for LOST or not this year.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
So who does everyone think Jack's ex-wife is in the sideways world? My guess is Juliet, although I'm not really going out on a limb.

I almost think that's too obvious and it wouldn't make much sense when you consider her last words to Sawyer. i think we'll see Juliet at the party but i think Zoe will turn up to be Ms. Shepard.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
I don't think Ben is really with MIB. I hope he has one of his plans, because he always has one and somehow turns on MIB in the finale and kills him. The reason I think this is because at the end of the episode MIB said "I'm going to destroy the island" and there is no way Ben wants to destroy the island.

I think that's the twist that will ultimately happen. It won't be Hurley or Sawyer stepping in for Jack. Ben wants to stay on the island, the others really do not. I think they will return to their sideways realities, and Ben will turn on Locke in the end - probably pushing Locke into the light. Just a guess.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I was thinking Juliet but you maybe right about it being Sarah. I can't remember if I heard Julie Bowen taping for LOST or not this year.

While you could be right, the age of David makes the timing of Jack meeting Sarah a little off. I pegged Jack and Sarah to get together in late 90's early 20o0's although I think the exact timeline is out there. David had to have been born in the late 80's/early 90's. Juliet is obvious but what about the stewardess damn her name escapes me.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Based on something Darlton said on their last podcast, I am going to say that the final scene is going to make you want to go back and watch the entire series in a completely different light.

You heard it hear first: Instead of a snow globe, it turns out the whole thing took place in the kid from St. Elsewhere's terrarium.

That, or it was all in Bob Newhart's dream.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

My stupid ending would be that the show cuts at some climatic scene to the creators of Lost with executives from NBC. And they are pitching the idea of Lost as an NBC show. After, the last sentence of the pitch, one NBC executive says, "Interesting, but do you think anyone would actually watch such a far-fetched, fantasy show about a plane that crashes on a mysterious island?" Then, the credits roll.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
My stupid ending would be that the show cuts at some climatic scene to the creators of Lost with executives from NBC. And they are pitching the idea of Lost as an NBC show. After, the last sentence of the pitch, one NBC executive says, "Interesting, but do you think anyone would actually watch such a far-fetched, fantasy show about a plane that crashes on a mysterious island?" Then, the credits roll.

Joop is going to be sitting in a chair, smoking a cigar and will tell us everything we want to know.

(Those who listen to he Official LOST Podcast will get that joke)