LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 24, 2010 -> 03:38 AM)
3 alternate endings on Kimmel tonight.

My guess was that Hurley would be the new Jacob and Ben would be his nemesis. Maybe that's one of the alternate endings.

And was the whole island stuff part of purgatory as well?

I dunno.

What is the light? What does the plug do? What was Smokey?

Everything on the island happened but the alt was purgatory, a way for them all to get together before passing into heaven. And no, the plane didn't crash, they got out alive, they just died later, as everyone does at some point.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Everything on the island happened but the alt was purgatory, a way for them all to get together before passing into heaven. And no, the plane didn't crash, they got out alive, they just died later, as everyone does at some point.

So I guess we'll just never know why the island was so magical.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
I believe the alt Kimmel endings are jokes. Also, the Alt's purgatory. The island and off-island stuff were life, and the white light was heaven.

Beat me to it.

The ALT was where everyone goes after they die at some point. Some later then others.

I'm assuming Sawyer, Kate, Ben, Hurley all dies much after Jack did at the end.

Interesting that Ben didn't go "in" at the end.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Beat me to it.

The ALT was where everyone goes after they die at some point. Some later then others.

I'm assuming Sawyer, Kate, Ben, Hurley all dies much after Jack did at the end.

Interesting that Ben didn't go "in" at the end.

Is it because he didn't go to heaven?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
So I guess we'll just never know why the island was so magical.

But honestly, would there be any answer that was truly satisfactory for why the island was controlled by a magic light at it's heart that was held in check by a stone cork?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
But honestly, would there be any answer that was truly satisfactory for why the island was controlled by a magic light at it's heart that was held in check by a stone cork?

Pretty much anything would be better than that abomination of an ending.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)

Exactly. It just was.

i know the creators said the very first scene in the pilot (jack opening his eye) was very important. there was talk about what was reflected in the eye. i guess it was the plane overhead as indicated by the last scene. so did the whole island storyline come about full circle?????

the creators were right....this wasn't going to satisfy eveyone and keep everyone talking

It's funny because the big reveal at the end didn't explain the driving force of all 6 seasons (the f***ing island) it just explained away a plot twist that was introduced in the final season. Introducing purgatory at the beginning of the final season and eventually explaining it in the finale as the "big reveal" was a convenient way to get out of coming up with an acceptable explanation for the crazy powers of the island.

So the finale didn't really answer the biggest questions we've had for years, instead it tied up a plot twist that they created within the last few months.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
It's funny because the big reveal at the end didn't explain the driving force of all 6 seasons (the f***ing island) it just explained away a plot twist that was introduced in the final season. Introducing purgatory at the beginning of the final season and eventually explaining it in the finale as the "big reveal" was a convenient way to get out of coming up with an acceptable explanation for the crazy powers of the island.

The ending makes me feel like I wasted six years on this show.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
The ending makes me feel like I wasted six years on this show.

I was just reading all these complaints about it on Twitter. Thank God I only watched part of 1 episode and nothing else.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
So why did Jack bleed from his neck every few episodes in the alt timeline?

Something was trying to remind him of the final day of his life, his eventual death (the mortal wound coming just before the cut on his neck) and make him conscience of his current state of limbo.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
I thought this was Locke just remembering how when he knew Jack on the island he didn't have a kid.

That's what I thought.

I searched for #lost on twitter and everyone is saying how great of an ending this was?