Ron Paul Feb 1 Money Bomb!

rowand's rowdies

slick willy was at Mizzou today. Long line. Missed it. I wouldn't much care at all for him talking about Hillary but I would enjoy seeing an Ex-President speak. Instead I went to get Barbecue though. Fantastic barbecue.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
slick willy was at Mizzou today. Long line. Missed it. I wouldn't much care at all for him talking about Hillary but I would enjoy seeing an Ex-President speak. Instead I went to get Barbecue though. Fantastic barbecue.

Actually, Clinton is quite the speaker, at least in the 'private' sense. I was in a group of about 20 that got to meet him briefly (19 of us got to shake his hand and say hi, while the two group 'leaders' got to chat for a few moments). But he talked to our group for about 5 minutes and I can see why peope were taken with him. No cameras were rolling, but he was very personable, likeable, or whatever word fits there. Lets just say i hated him less after that meeting. However, I am not sure how well his speaking would have been given the likely topic being Hillary.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
They're all useless. But he's more useless because he doesn't live in reality and has a quite obnoxious base, thank you very much.

his ideas are interesting. the problem is no one took him seriously because he would go off the wall when asked a question and his supporters are BEYOND annoying. If he had come in and looked and acted like someone who should be president, he might have got more respect.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
his ideas are interesting. the problem is no one took him seriously because he would go off the wall when asked a question and his supporters are BEYOND annoying. If he had come in and looked and acted like someone who should be president, he might have got more respect.

His ideas taken in moderation are helpful. If they were all put into reality, our economy would literally collapse. I have no problem with the pendulum swinging back towards his way of thinking, just not all of the way there.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
His ideas taken in moderation are helpful. If they were all put into reality, our economy would literally collapse. I have no problem with the pendulum swinging back towards his way of thinking, just not all of the way there.

Exactly, but it sure is funny how fired up these Paulbots get when they are challenged. :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)

At least he has brought back into the conversation the idea of a smaller government instead of what we've been getting for decades.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
At least he has brought back into the conversation the idea of a smaller government instead of what we've been getting for decades.

And I will say that he is the one guy I actually believe when he gets up and says this stuff. The other candidates I mostly just laugh at.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
his ideas are interesting. the problem is no one took him seriously because he would go off the wall when asked a question and his supporters are BEYOND annoying.

You mean to tell me he isn't like Jesus after all? Well s***, I don't know what to do with myself now..

Ron Paul is, and always was, useless. My roommate is a Ron Paul supporter, and I've found that I just can't talk politics at all with him. It's a waste of time and breath.