Good news

CubsSuck1

Jay Williams moved his left foot in such a way that suggests major nerve damage has been averted, Williams' agent, Bill Duffy, told Sports Illustrated

''Our goal is that Jay will be back on the court in 2004-05 earning the money the Bulls are paying him,'' Duffy told the magazine.

According to the magazine, Williams took his first step--with the help of a physical therapist--Saturday.

Regardless of whether Williams plays again, the Bulls plan to honor the remainder of his contract, which will pay him $7.7 million over the next two seasons, despite Williams having violated a clause in his contract that prohibits motorcycle riding.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-s...pt-jwill03.html

Jay Williams moved his left foot in such a way that suggests major nerve damage has been averted, Williams' agent, Bill Duffy, told Sports Illustrated

''Our goal is that Jay will be back on the court in 2004-05 earning the money the Bulls are paying him,'' Duffy told the magazine.

According to the magazine, Williams took his first step--with the help of a physical therapist--Saturday.

Regardless of whether Williams plays again, the Bulls plan to honor the remainder of his contract, which will pay him $7.7 million over the next two seasons, despite Williams having violated a clause in his contract that prohibits motorcycle riding.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-s...pt-jwill03.html

That is good news. I also like the team continuing to pay him. I imagine there is an insurance company covering this. Do you think he qualifies for workers comp? ;)

The guy will never play basketball in the NBA again in my opinion

Dr. Koch were you brought in to consult on this case ;)

I'm inclined to agree with you. If the Doctors are cheering some movement in a foot it seems he should be more concerened about walking then playing basketball. He does have some things going for him. Great medical support all the way, young, athletic, in good shape. I would never count an human out of anything but the NBA demands a lot from the body and there is no place to hide. Can't DH.