2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
I can't really blame him.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
QFT. I could only blame him if he wasn't.

I totally agree with you guys, but I just thought it was kinda funny and awkward for him.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
Have the Sox been 11 games over .500 this season yet?

One other time.

So to continue the Alexei love, he has a bad offensive game but unreal in the field today. Is there a better defensive 2b in the AL than him right now?

watching the replay on espn of the sox/cubs game last night, i didnt realize what the puff piece was about that gammons was talking about right before being interrupted by CQ's HR

it was about josh hamilton, am i the only one who sees the irony in that lol

CQ: *Hits a blast* "STFU about Hamilton."

Can someone tell me the current order of the Sox pitching rotation? It's changed several times and it's confusing. Starting from Buehrle on Sunday I've got...

Buehrle

Danks

Contreras

Vazquez?

Floyd?

Trying to figure out who will be pitching when I get to town and go to the game on the 3rd.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 06:17 AM)
Can someone tell me the current order of the Sox pitching rotation? It's changed several times and it's confusing. Starting from Buehrle on Sunday I've got...

Buehrle

Danks

Contreras

Vazquez?

Floyd?

Trying to figure out who will be pitching when I get to town and go to the game on the 3rd.

Floyd is pitching tonight, so Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Contreras, and Vazquez. So Vazquez should pitch on the 3rd.

QUOTE (spiffalicious @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 07:28 AM)
Floyd is pitching tonight, so Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Contreras, and Vazquez. So Vazquez should pitch on the 3rd.

Holy s*** I missed tonight's game. I should've known b/c I had Buehrle and Danks back-to-back. That helps though, thanks. I was hoping I could see either Buehrle or Danks pitch, I haven't seen either one of them pitch live but I've seen the other 3 and most of the bullpen by now. Maybe I can sneak off and catch a Buehrle start while I'm there.

some weird things to note

team is 16-9 over the last 25 since the Rays series - .640 ball - but it seems as though we're choking the division away because the Tigers are a ridiculous 17-4 over their last 21 and the twins are 14-3 over their last 17...

Thank god they play each other 7 times over the next 13 - SOMEBODY has to lose.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:48 AM)

team is 16-9 over the last 25 since the Rays series - .640 ball - but it seems as though we're choking the division away because the Tigers are a ridiculous 17-4 over their last 21 and the twins are 14-3 over their last 17...

True, but someone has to win too. I would hope the Twins beat up on the Tigers and lose to their other opponents. Much more afraid of the Tigers than Twins even though they are closer in the standings.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 09:48 AM)

Both teams just killed the NL. Now that they are playing AL teams again, there should be some correction.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)
Tigers are scary.

Twins are amazing.

I think Detroit is the team to beat and will probably win the division. Hope I'm wrong.

why, because they're on a hot streak? i understand hunches, but the things you would be basing your hunch on are a bit premature. the tigers have been hot over the past month, but that pitching staff will not carry them to the playoffs, at least ours has many believing it can given their peformance thus far

all i'm saying is don't get carried away with a team on a hotstreak, at least wait until august to make predictions on how you think the teams will end up in divisional rankings

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
Tigers are scary.

Twins are amazing.

I think Detroit is the team to beat and will probably win the division. Hope I'm wrong.

My God, you must be the most negative person here. Thats saying a lot in this place.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:05 AM)
My God, you must be the most negative person here. Thats saying a lot in this place.

Every day some team is better than the Sox and somebody on another team is better than anyone on the Sox according to greg775.

Either he really is the most negative poster on the site or he believes in reverse psychology.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
Tigers are scary.

Twins are amazing.

On June 1, the Sox were 6 games ahead of the Tigers. On July 1, after the Tiger's hottest month, they are...5 games back...after sweeping the Sox. They have a long way to go.

Edited by G&T

Im done worrying about tough stretches and opponents. Its the majors, and the Sox are in a pretty tough division, especially pitching-wise. Its not gonna be easy, I expect them to have some extremely tough tests.

Quintessential for a catch all:

Is Wise even fast anymore? I havent really taken notice. He's never been much of a basestealer at MLB it seems.

If he's not, then that eliminates the one of the only two reasons (besides leftiness) to keep him here over BA.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
Quintessential for a catch all:

Is Wise even fast anymore? I havent really taken notice. He's never been much of a basestealer at MLB it seems.

If he's not, then that eliminates the one of the only two reasons (besides leftiness) to keep him here over BA.

I think some folks would argue that Anderson could benefit from playing full time, to get the at bats.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
I think some folks would argue that Anderson could benefit from playing full time, to get the at bats.

I think if Wise is going to split time with Anderson that you might as well send Anderson down because with Swisher down this is Anderson's first chance in a long time to get extended play at the major league level and see if he has made the adjustments and able to develop into the player everyone once thought he could. Plus, defensively he is so much better than Wise.

i know hes a high draft pick and all and wants to negotiate a fair deal, and the CWS wasnt too long ago, but anytime beckham wants to sign and start playing baseball would be fine with me

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
i know hes a high draft pick and all and wants to negotiate a fair deal, and the CWS wasnt too long ago, but anytime beckham wants to sign and start playing baseball would be fine with me

it won't take long... the Sox don't draft guys who are tough signs with their #1 pick. Call it the Jeff Weaver rule.