2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Chicago Tribune Live - enjoying listening to Kaplan for once, who said Kenny did an amazing job this offseason (says one columnist in town keeps on constantly taking shots at the organization).

Kaplan also said Dye should be in the all-star game and Fukudome being a starter is a joke.

Kap is a huge Cubs homer obviously and has openly admitted to not liking us, however he generally is fair towards us in regards to his opinions. That puts him ahead of most media around here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
Kap is a huge Cubs homer obviously and has openly admitted to not liking us, however he generally is fair towards us in regards to his opinions. That puts him ahead of most media around here.

He comes in my wash all the time. He has a pic of Oz and his kid on his cell phone. He says he loves Ozzie.

Didn't know this:

White Sox fans have bestowed the nickname "TCQ," standing for "The Carlos Quentin." The name originates from a quote from GM Kenny Williams after he acquired Quentin. He said, "We wanted to upgrade at shortstop, get a setup guy for the bullpen, acquire Carlos Quentin, and not a guy like him but actually Carlos Quentin."

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Check out the new ESPN power rankings. WE'RE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking

To me, there are five teams that look noticeably better than the other 25: The White Sox, Cubs, Angels, Rays, and Red Sox. There are ups and downs, three game losing streaks and so on, but those five teams just look really good to me. The Phillies would probably be #6 for me, their record isn't great but they will get going and are very dangerous.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
To me, there are five teams that look noticeably better than the other 25: The White Sox, Cubs, Angels, Rays, and Red Sox. There are ups and downs, three game losing streaks and so on, but those five teams just look really good to me. The Phillies would probably be #6 for me, their record isn't great but they will get going and are very dangerous.

The Red Sox are way better than the Phillies.

Nice to see that the WhiteSox are at #1, despite playing bad baseball we found a way to take 2/3 from KC... its always nice to see the team win despite not playing at their best.

Lets hope we find some consistency going into Tejas, thats right i just went espanola on your cuello.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Maybe kyle, but the odds are so slim of us both even making the playoffs.

Sox, Tigers and Twins will be in a war all season.

Cubs will probably win that division going away.

Right, The Sox are going to have problems with the rest, but the Cubs wont have any problems. Gotcha.

Quality analysis.

Who traded for CC Sabathia again?

I think my comments were not outlandish.

Does anybody out there think the Cubs will not cruise??

As much as I love the Sox, this team is highly dysfunctional and no, I do not think we'll cruise.

I think Detroit will be right there as well as Minnie.

I hope we roll, but I don't see anything wrong with my analysis.

The Brewers and Cards do not have what it takes.

Also the Cubs picked up Harden. Sabathia is not god. That's pretty much a wash there, as long as harden stays healthy.

And I do not like the Cubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)

As much as I love the Sox, this team is highly dysfunctional and no, I do not think we'll cruise.

Also the Cubs picked up Harden. Sabathia is not god. That's pretty much a wash there, as long as harden stays healthy.

How often does any team cruise to the playoffs anymore? Not very often at all. Last year the Cubs didnt clinch until the last week of the season because Milwaukee went off, and now Milwaukee has an better staff and all of their kids have one more year under their belts. I honestly dont think ANY team walks away with their division this year. And I know you dont like the Cubs, but to just outright dismiss the Sox having a decent-to-good chance at going to the playoffs, even though everything points to both teams making the playoffs, is outlandish.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)

I don't think the Cubs are gonna cruise...their bullpen has been falling apart since June 1st and Kerry Wood is a slip in the shower away from throwing towels for the rest of the year too.

Detroit is one of the most overrated teams I've ever seen anybody give much credit to. I mean, for Christ's sake greg, the Tigers are 47-47, and 7 games back; meanwhile, the Cardinals are 53-43 and 4.5 games back while the Brewers are 52-43 and 5 games back, yet it's the Tigers who are more in the race than either of those two teams?

Harden is overrated as hell; when he can pitch, he goes 5-6 innings, generally dominates, but then turns it over to the bullpen and only god knows what happens. On top of that, he's just about as injury prone as the Pavano/Hampton/Prior crowd too. Meanwhile, CC Sabathia really hasn't been injured in like 2 seasons, generally works deep into games, is just as good of a pitcher as Harden is, and on top of it, is actually a pretty damn decent hitter.

Milwaukee is a reliever away from joining the race and St. Louis just really needs to get completely healthy and get Carpenter back to have a legitimate chance. That race isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.

I also don't like Minnesota going forward...their offense is good, but it's not as good as it's been, and their pitching staff is generally pitching over its head. Their pen isn't as good as it's been in year's past either and I see them winning about 84-87 games, unless they acquire a good bat during the next couple weeks. If the Sox make it to 90, there should be no problem whatsoever.

Just curious if anybody agrees with me or saw this as I did.

On the ground rule double tonight in the All-Star game, it looked like the fan actually went out of his way to not interfere with the ball in play, diving out of the way and pulling his hands back as the ball indeed kicked into the stands for the groundrule double anyhow.

I commend that fan.

You do not see that often. Fans are always trying to grab the ball even if it's in play.

Has anybody else ever seen a fan make sure he doesn't interfere?