2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Jimbo's ... which is it? Do you boo your brains out or are they internal boos? Because in my opinion that's the crux of the discussion and you can't take both sides. In my opinion, if you boo your brains out for someone that has contributed as much to the fanchise as Konerko has over the years, then you are being a jerk. If you keep your boos internal, whatever the hell that means, then you are showing him the respect and appreciation for a productive career that he deserves. Pick which side of the fence you are standing on.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Well Jimbo's ... which is it? Do you boo your brains out or are they internal boos? Because in my opinion that's the crux of the discussion and you can't take both sides. In my opinion, if you boo your brains out for someone that has contributed as much to the fanchise as Konerko has over the years, then you are being a jerk. If you keep your boos internal, whatever the hell that means, then you are showing him the respect and appreciation for a productive career that he deserves. Pick which side of the fence you are standing on.

As stated, I never boo a player at a game,, its disresectful. My "inernal" boo is the feeling that a once proud baseball player is over the perverbial hill and is eating away a ton of salary. Thank him for the wonderful contributions, remember the moments and send him on his way.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
As stated, I never boo a player at a game,, its disresectful. My "inernal" boo is the feeling that a once proud baseball player is over the perverbial hill and is eating away a ton of salary. Thank him for the wonderful contributions, remember the moments and send him on his way.

Well, disrespectful is a good word to express my point of view too. As far as I'm concerned, you've expressed which side of the fence you stand. Good enough.

How can you say he's contributed nothing since coming back from injury when as somebody stated he started the winning rally yesterday.

I repeat, he sucks right now, but he does not deserve to be booed ... ever.

Like Walker pointed out, this guy contributed greatly to our city getting something it NEVER GETS. A WS title.

People that boo Paulie who cheered him wildly in 05 are idiots. Sorry but that is the case.

Respond to Walker's quote. Do you disagree with that??

Again, you cannot mix your emotions with the 05 team with the current status of Paulie. It pains me to see him suck so bad, but the team does not have the luxury to wait for him to get it going. For the most part he has been an easy out in the middle of our lineup.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Again, you cannot mix your emotions with the 05 team with the current status of Paulie. It pains me to see him suck so bad, but the team does not have the luxury to wait for him to get it going. For the most part he has been an easy out in the middle of our lineup.

You can't mix your emotions? Bullf***. You can mix any and all emotions with Paul Konerko when it comes to 2005...without him, that team is dead in the water in the ALCS. He essentially single handedly won 2 games in Anaheim because he put the Sox up to a comfortable lead early, the pitchers worked with ease, and the rest of the offense relaxed and put up more runs the rest of the game. If he doesn't hit those homers, the Sox could very easily have lost that series. Hell, his 3 run homer in game 3 was the deciding blow in the entire affair; without it, the game could have very easily gone to extras, and that's only if you believe in pre-determined destiny (which I don't).

Were you booing Mark Buehrle during the second half of 2006? Just honestly curious, really.

You can't mix the 2005 viewpoints and overall ability of Paul Konerko with what he's doing now; I think it's silly to say he's washed up and over the hill at the new senior citizen age of 32, but players have fallen off the stage at 32 before and Konerko could and well likely is one; I think he's very comparable to Eric Karros, and Karros was a mediocre or worse player from age 32 and on. That doesn't mean he is Eric Karros and it doesn't mean he can't turn his game around.

With this, every and anything else shall be moved to the Paul Konerko thread. It's time to bring something else up in this thread. If you have a response Jimbo, and I hope you do, address me in the Konerko thread and I'll get to it.

Amen, Whitesoxfan you said it all. Those of us who love Paulie and won't boo him admit he's sucking. We're just saying booing him is a sick sick sad act. The guy was Mr. 2005 as whitesoxfan said. Hell yes I'm emotional about him. I won't turn on him. If KW thinks he's finished as well as Oz, then dump him. Booing him shows something wrong in society.

There's no point in booing your own guys. It just creates animosity and makes it harder to re-sign them.

Garland never did care for the way he was treated by the fans and may have refused to sign an extension. (California wishing aside)

It may have been one of the reasons that he was dealt.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 03:07 AM)
There's no point in booing your own guys. It just creates animosity and makes it harder to re-sign them.

Garland never did care for the way he was treated by the fans and may have refused to sign an extension. (California wishing aside)

It may have been one of the reasons that he was dealt.

There's only one time I boo anyone on my own team, and I think it's 100% acceptable to do so:

Lack of hustle/effort or lack of focus. And I mean dogging that you can see, not a guy strikes out and you want to claim it's a lack of effort.

If you suck it up you suck it up, no use booing that.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
A reminder of all that is good:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=34...zIIrq4gLrrsmHCA

Plus this, tell me this doesn't just choke you up.

This is the sort of stuff we're playing for.

"Of course, with no homeruns in the regular season, Scott Podsednik was no Albert Pujols. But in baseball, on any given day, in any given inning, on any given pitch..."

I love it.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
"Of course, with no homeruns in the regular season, Scott Podsednik was no Albert Pujols. But in baseball, on any given day, in any given inning, on any given pitch..."

I love it.

I'm still partial to ARow and BA screaming uncontrollably.

Well said IlliniKrush. I don't think I would ever boo Konerko because I believe he does try. He's just a tremendous head case. The team should employ a psychiatrist and have them in the dugout right next to Herm Schneider. And it should be a she. And she should be hot.