2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
If the Sox tie with the Twins at the end of the year, or lose by 1 game, am I going to be the only one who thinks about Opening Day and the awful job by the umpires?

I'll think about it a bit, but at the same time, we've had so many games this season that we should have won but didn't, that I'll be thinking moreso about those.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie's comment today were pretty interesting. It sounds like he's getting pretty annoyed with the Joe Crede situation, last week Joe made it sound like he was feeling better and ready to start his rehab assignment and yet he's only appeared in half a minor league game thus far.

Perhaps I misinterpreted but Jesse Rogers made it sound like Joe Crede is no longer with the Knights, he has instead gone home and is hitting tosses there.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Ozzie's comment today were pretty interesting. It sounds like he's getting pretty annoyed with the Joe Crede situation, last week Joe made it sound like he was feeling better and ready to start his rehab assignment and yet he's only appeared in half a minor league game thus far.

Perhaps I misinterpreted but Jesse Rogers made it sound like Joe Crede is no longer with the Knights, he has instead gone home and is hitting tosses there.

unless you heard something new Crede will be starting his rehab at Charlotte and not hitting off the tee at home. Ozzie flaps his jaws too much, if he is annoyed that is.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 05:29 PM)
I know B&B are under the impression that Boras might have something to do with Crede "sitting out", but I don't buy that.

B&B are stupid if they think Joe Crede is going to sit out extra time in a contract year due to an injury to his back, something I'd assume most teams in baseball have majors concerns about in regards to him.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 05:27 PM)
unless you heard something new Crede will be starting his rehab at Charlotte and not hitting off the tee at home. Ozzie flaps his jaws too much, if he is annoyed that is.

It is new information.

And Crede was supposed to be rehabbing for over a week now and yet he's only played in 1 game and is not in the lineup AGAIN tonight (Fields at 3B and Huffman DHing.) Charlotte doesn't play tomorrow so when exactly will Crede once again begin rehabbing?

Unless someone has actually seen Joe Crede in the dugout during a Knights game or working out before a game some time in the past few days then I'm going to have to believe that Crede did go back home and isn't working out with the Sox right now.

Possible deal in the works? Ozzie had a weird reply in his post game interview. When asked if Broadway would get another start he said something along the lines of he couldn't talk about that right now or something. ABC 7 just said he wa sent down do to the Sox need for relievers for the trip to Oakland.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
go with Quentin!!!!!!!!! (if you don't have one already)

I currently have the road replica AJP.

I know for a fact with 1 of the 2 I'm getting the alternate Alexei.

Not sure on the other one- might go with the road Pujols.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
If the Sox tie with the Twins at the end of the year, or lose by 1 game, am I going to be the only one who thinks about Opening Day and the awful job by the umpires?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
I'll think about it a bit, but at the same time, we've had so many games this season that we should have won but didn't, that I'll be thinking moreso about those.

Performances like the one this evening by the White Sox are precisely what I was thinking when I gave the response I did to your post, and also are precisely why I won't think about opening day if we lose the division by one game. We'd be up in this race by half a dozen games if we just weren't so damn stupid in terms of baseball IQ. The amount of games that we should win, but give away due to general stupidity, is simply mind boggling.

If you were told flat out the Sox cannot make the WS what teams would you prefer getting in the WS?

I'd pick the Dodgers in the NL (for Torre getting even with Yankees) and Rays in AL. I might take the Twins except for the dome. I hate that f***ing dome.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:32 AM)
If you were told flat out the Sox cannot make the WS what teams would you prefer getting in the WS?

I'd pick the Dodgers in the NL (for Torre getting even with Yankees) and Rays in AL. I might take the Twins except for the dome. I hate that f***ing dome.

Anyone but the Cubs

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Does anyone know what happened to Cowley, I used to get few updates a day trough twitter.. I haven't gotten one in weeks it seems.

Boone Logan took Cowley to Charlotte with him.

Something about a "purty" mouth.