Who is dieting?

Texsox

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
It is called the food poisoning diet for those of you looking for quick results.

A terrible week-long bout with strep throat last summer took me from 215 to 195. Total loss of energy and appetite and a raw throat led me to force myself nutrition via liquid primarily. It was a great result after a most miserable week.

I shot back up to about 200-205 but with a little extra exercise thrown into my daily routines I have been holding steady at that for about 6 months now. Based on all the stats I have seen, at about 6' (with a large frame), my ideal weight is probably around 180 to 185. I would like to join the group tracking our goals.

Thanks for the inspiration TexSox.

BTW, if anyone is within 10 miles of their workplace, biking to work is a great, non-boring way to get in about an hour of exercise a day. Also saves money on transportation, cuts down on global warming, etc.

In addition to eliminating certain sugar-laden drinks, drinking lots of water all day is very helpful for me. The other thing is always asking to substitute (soup, salad, fruit, vegetables, anything) for the large pile of fries or chips that frequently come with sandwiches at restaurants. A relaxing (i.e. not a "workout") long walk for 30 minutes or so at lunch time helps tremendously as well.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
you callin' me a liar? :)

I'm 6'3" and have a football/baseball player frame. Like Colon, Kruk, Perry, etc. Honestly, my goal of 225 would mean I either lost my head or should be playing AA ball.

We definitely need to include before and after pictures for proof.

I believe you :lol:

And im in the club..

This will help me get some motivation to run, because that is just about the hardest thing for me to do. Working out, im all over that.. but the only time I get cardio is when I play basketball. I cant stand running, so I am going to have to get over that or I will never be able to get under 200, much less 180.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
hey sorry I'm stupid when it comes to computers, but how do I get that sig to be my sig?

Click on "Edit Signature" in your "My Controls". Then put the following line into the edit field, and that will put PA's "Biggest Loser graphic into your sig.

biggestlosersoxtalk.jpg

Below that in the same edit field you then just input your weight stats as plain text and then update the signature.

It's easy once you try it.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
hey sorry I'm stupid when it comes to computers, but how do I get that sig to be my sig?

here, copy this code into your signature.

[center][img=http://alexburdine.com/images//biggestlosersoxtalk.jpg]

[color="#0000FF"][b]Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club[/b]

Start Weight (2/06): ###
Current Weight (2/06): ###
Goal Weight: ###

lbs lost: ##
lbs to go: ##[/color][/size][/center]

Then just insert the numbers that matchup with you where it says ###. Should be easy as pie now.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Click on "Edit Signature" in your "My Controls". Then put the following line into the edit field, and that will put PA's "Biggest Loser graphic into your sig.

biggestlosersoxtalk.jpg

Below that in the same edit field you then just input your weight stats as plain text and then update the signature.

It's easy once you try it.

Or, copy this:

[center][img=http://alexburdine.com/images//biggestlosersoxtalk.jpg][/center]
[center][b]Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club[/b]

Start Weight (2/05): 
Current Weight (2/05):
Goal Weight: 

lbs lost: 
lbs to go: [/center]

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
like wild fire.... awesome guys.

I will set up the spread sheet tomorrow and like I said, it'd be cool if we had before and after photos (no nudes, even "tasteful" ones, Jims)

Not a bad idea, is there gonna be deadlines or is it pretty much do whatever

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
OK, I liked my Fat Elvis/Thin Elvis sig, but conformist sheep that I am I'm adopting the group sig.

Good luck, fellow flabbies! :headbang

No, I love the fat elvis / thin elvis. We should not all be in lock step.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)
I meant for like, when you see who was the biggest loser.. im not 100% on how that show really works, I just know they lost weight

I can't speak for everyone, but, my goal weight is for the end of the year.

I'm thinking that losing 48 pounds before Saturday night might be a bit too challenging for me. Amputations would have to be involved.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

I'm thinking that losing 48 pounds before Saturday night might be a bit too challenging for me. Amputations would have to be involved.

haha thats what I thought too.. I was like wtf 3 days? well im out

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

There are some people on this board who could lose that just by eliminating their egos.

As far as updates, I think everybody updating on their own more or less weekly would be fine. Like I said earlier, tend to be really good on keeping to a diet Sunday night through Friday afternoon, but then I'll usually cheat and eat something more satisfying on the weekends. It's not the best, but the Sunday morning guilt usually straightens me out and I am good again through the next week.

To accommodate my scheduled weekend lapses I do my weigh-ins on Friday morning. But I think everybody should do their own thing as far as reporting.

In the beginning of the year, I was also putting in 50+ miles on the stationary bike every week, but work has gotten more hectic and it's been harder to find the time. Next week I'll try to eas back into that routine but only try for maybe half of that so I can fit it in.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
No, I love the fat elvis / thin elvis. We should not all be in lock step.

I felt left out once y'all grabbed the sig. . . sorta' like being excluded from the cool kid lunch table in high school.

. . . If the cool kids were all really fat, that is.

I Kid, I Care, So There®

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
There are some people on this board who could lose that just by eliminating their egos.

First off, wrong board for teal ;)

Second, I was just about to post that about myself :lolhitting