Who is dieting?

Texsox

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
6'6, 225. Dec. 2006, I was at 199 and in great baseball shape. I'd love to get back down under 200 and be that lean pitching machine again. Unfortunately, eating right in college is kinda tough. I've been going to the gym pretty regularly of late, but haven't been eating to healthy...and alcohol doesn't help anything.

It helps forget.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are rotating Tae Bo Dvds...they're great 40 minute work outs.

I'm focusing on portion control and snacking.

My biggest frustration is that I skip meals from time to time and create a "dying for food" feeling. There's actually a physical demand that your body puts you through...the reaction creates a desire for the lowest common denomenator with food. So you'll choose a tasty cake over waiting 5 minutes to make a sandwhich.

My wife's a Registered Dietician, so she schools me every day.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
I would love to help anyone who needs guidance/counseling. I am in tip top shape......work my ass off to stay fit, and I eat really healthy.

Motivation and commitment is necessary.

I also have some awesome workout routines.

Do you have anything for trimming weight while still adding muscle? I workout routinely but I need to do both, so I usually run about a mile, and do 10 sprints everyday( or try too, but usually atleast 5 times a week). And I also rotate area workouts such as arms, legs, core. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have conditioning for my team, which includes warm up laps, stretching, sprints, core time, lift time, and then I run about a mile afterwards. Any suggestions?

I'm 5'11 and graduated college at 240 two summers ago. I got real motivated (plus i had no real job for 5 months so i had the time) and by September was down to 208. Then i got the job i have now. I'm at a desk for the majority of my day and by the time i get home i'm just tired and dont feel like doing anything besides "hanging out". Also, i get up at 5:45 in the morning so i dont really think i can get up earlier to do stuff (i suck in the mornings). Needless to say im back to about 236 right now and would love to get down to the 215 range by June and 200 range by September (vacations planned). I just joined a gym last week with a friend so since im paying for it hopefully ill be motivated enough to actually go. Anyways, at the moment i'm more interested in cardio workouts to lose the fat rather than weight lifting to put on muscle (one step at a time, heh). What would be a good cardio workout that wouldnt become boring/repetitive over time. I live in upstate new york so until april the weather wont really be conducive to doing things outside, so for now its gonna be mostly indoors stuff.

Oh, and i rarely eat breakfast in the morning (usually dont have time), is that really a big deal when trying to lose weight? The concept of eating more to lose weight just seems strange.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:22 AM)
I would love to help anyone who needs guidance/counseling. I am in tip top shape......work my ass off to stay fit, and I eat really healthy.

Motivation and commitment is necessary.

I also have some awesome workout routines.

I'll bite. Aside from the obvious walking, what do you suggest for workout routines without access to a gym?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
That reminds me... I've been tempted to do what Mr. Eye did, and put a goal, regimen and updated results in my sig, as a motivator.

Anyone else willing to do that?

OK, I'm in too. My death march diet progress is now on display for SoxTalkers everywhere.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 10:39 AM)
you guys can steal the pic from my sig if you want... could be fun to keep organized so we can all track with each other.

(great thread btw, Tex)

Done.

I just noticed, some of you folks already started things. I guess I have some catching up to do.

Should I put a sub-title on this thread - Soxtalk Biggest Loser?

I'll be the nerd that works the weekly/monthly spreadsheet to track percentages, etc.

I just need to know everyone that is isnvolved...

my list so far:

PA

Middle Buffalo

Texsox

FlasoxxJim

Northsider72

Steve9347

Bigruss22

anyone else?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Seriously PA, of the pictures you have posted, you look nowhere near 300. Pards, around these parts, we call that sandbagging . . . ;)

you callin' me a liar? :)

I'm 6'3" and have a football/baseball player frame. Honestly, my goal of 225 would mean I either lost my legs or should be playing AA ball.

We definitely need to include before and after pictures for proof.