Who is dieting?

Texsox

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
As far as updates, I think everybody updating on their own more or less weekly would be fine. Like I said earlier, tend to be really good on keeping to a diet Sunday night through Friday afternoon, but then I'll usually cheat and eat something more satisfying on the weekends. It's not the best, but the Sunday morning guilt usually straightens me out and I am good again through the next week.

To accommodate my scheduled weekend lapses I do my weigh-ins on Friday morning. But I think everybody should do their own thing as far as reporting.

In the beginning of the year, I was also putting in 50+ miles on the stationary bike every week, but work has gotten more hectic and it's been harder to find the time. Next week I'll try to eas back into that routine but only try for maybe half of that so I can fit it in.

Perhaps the Monday weigh in my stop the weekend backslide.

Ever think that Sunday morning guilt is something else? :pray perhaps PA and I thinking of you :lol:

I too kid because I care . . .

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 04:31 AM)
Perhaps the Monday weigh in my stop the weekend backslide.

Ever think that Sunday morning guilt is something else? :pray perhaps PA and I thinking of you :lol:

I too kid because I care . . .

My wife and I live for the weekend diet backslides. It's the carrot on the stick that makes you do good the rest of teh weekend.

And as far as that other Sunday guilt. . . yes, early in my wayward youth I ran smack into that age-old Christian Conundrum – e.g., the thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning. :lolhitting

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 06:15 AM)
My wife and I live for the weekend diet backslides. It's the carrot on the stick that makes you do good the rest of teh weekend.

And as far as that other Sunday guilt. . . yes, early in my wayward youth I ran smack into that age-old Christian Conundrum – e.g., the thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning. :lolhitting

I like how you moved your sig to the center. Supporting our candidates :headbang

ok, I was just suggesting a saturday night cap to the list of people I'll be tracking...but I suppose people can join as they want. They'll need to PM so I can put them on my spreadsheet.

I thought about it this morning, and I think if everyone can take a picture of their scale to start us off and then weekly pictures to keep everyone honest. Is that too hard for folks? if so, maybe we can just do a honesty policy on a weekly basis, but do pics at one month, 3 months and/or 6 months.

thoughts?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
ok, I was just suggesting a saturday night cap to the list of people I'll be tracking...but I suppose people can join as they want. They'll need to PM so I can put them on my spreadsheet.

I thought about it this morning, and I think if everyone can take a picture of their scale to start us off and then weekly pictures to keep everyone honest. Is that too hard for folks? if so, maybe we can just do a honesty policy on a weekly basis, but do pics at one month, 3 months and/or 6 months.

thoughts?

Is someone really going to cheat? I mean, no prizes are involved, and we're all at different weights with different goals anyway. I wouldn't even bother with anything to "keep everyone honest".

Plus my scale is at the gym. I guess I can use my camera-phone, if I can figure out how to email the pictures from it. I'll do whatever.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)

thoughts?

I've got no problem with that, but I don't see any reason to cheat unless I missed the fact that the winner gets $100k!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
Is someone really going to cheat? I mean, no prizes are involved, and we're all at different weights with different goals anyway. I wouldn't even bother with anything to "keep everyone honest".

Plus my scale is at the gym. I guess I can use my camera-phone, if I can figure out how to email the pictures from it. I'll do whatever.

it was just a suggestion. Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust any of you :lol:

On the biggest loser, they go by % weight loss, not just pure lbs.

ok, the spreadsheet is ready to go. I just need WilliamTell's starting numbers. (I took everyone Feb 5th starting weight) I have it set up to measure until december, so if people reach their goal before then, that's fine.

any questions or want to be added, let me know.

good luck!

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
ok, the spreadsheet is ready to go. I just need WilliamTell's starting numbers. (I took everyone Feb 5th starting weight) I have it set up to measure until december, so if people reach their goal before then, that's fine.

any questions or want to be added, let me know.

good luck!

Not that it much matters, but if you start everybody on Feb 5 that is going to make all of us folks who started their diets at New Years look like underperformers compared to those just starting. The first month is easy and weight just pretty much falls off of you. No that I'm a month in I'm lucky to lose 2-3 lbs/week as opposed to the 5-7 pounds I could loose the first couple weeks of the diet.

Again, I'm not going to stress about it, but wanted to point out that inequality.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
Not that it much matters, but if you start everybody on Feb 5 that is going to make all of us folks who started their diets at New Years look like underperformers compared to those just starting. The first month is easy and weight just pretty much falls off of you. No that I'm a month in I'm lucky to lose 2-3 lbs/week as opposed to the 5-7 pounds I could loose the first couplel weeks of the diet.

Again, I'm not going to stress about it, but wanted to point out that inequality.

Yeah, I started really going at it a week before this and those 5 lbs were hard earned and should count! Where's Jillian when you need someone to beat some ass!? :headbang

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Yeah, I started really going at it a week before this and those 5 lbs were hard earned and should count! Where's Jillian when you need someone to beat some ass!? :headbang

ok, that's fair. but what's the cutoff? I was at 307 when I started dieting back in July, now I'm down to 293 (slow but steady wins the race).

since this thing isn't really a competition per se, but a tool to help everyone track together, I think that's fine.

I'll make the necessary changes.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
ok, that's fair. but what's the cutoff? I was at 307 when I started dieting back in July, now I'm down to 293 (slow but steady wins the race).

since this thing isn't really a competition per se, but a tool to help everyone track together, I think that's fine.

I'll make the necessary changes.

Agreed. And with a spreadsheet set up, having different start dates for each Loser isn't hard. The relevant statistic of % weight loss over x number of days of dieting will be readily comparable regardless of when everybody started.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Agreed. And with a spreadsheet set up, having different start dates for each Loser isn't hard. The relevant statistic of % weight loss over x number of days of dieting will be readily comparable regardless of when everybody started.

I started at 275 pound like a couple weeks ago :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
Oh yeah? Well. . . until recently I had several small moons orbiting me due to the gravitational pull generated by my massive fat ass and saggy man-boobs.

Dad?

so master of excel how do you recommend I cacluate different start dates v. %? (∑x)-366 ??

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
If I may recommend to any ice cream lovers out there. Skinny Cow ice cream cones are the bomb. You would never think they were somehow low fat. If you're gonna cheat once in a while..do it with something like this.

That company also makes ice cream sandwiches.

Tasty.

Just a hint to some of you folks whom I can see are updating your #s daily... you'll go nuts doing that. Trust me, you'll want to commit to a once-a-week weigh in (or at most twice). I'm doing mine on Friday mornings.

It's just better for your sanity to weigh in once a week.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
Just a hint to some of you folks whom I can see are updating your #s daily... you'll go nuts doing that. Trust me, you'll want to commit to a once-a-week weigh in (or at most twice). I'm doing mine on Friday mornings.

It's just better for your sanity to weigh in once a week.

that will also help for data collecting. Right now I just have monthly data slots, but I will update weekly and lock in the weights on a monthly basis.