Mercury Morris on with Boers and Bernstein

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
He is an individual that was on the greatest team in sports history.

NO

Let him say what he wants, cause he can.

NO

"Welcome to Perfect Ville

Population 1

established in 1972"

NONONONONONONO my ears are bleeding from just reading that

Mercury Morris is one of the few mouths on earth that I would be completely for sewing shut.

He is an individual that was on the greatest team in sports history. Let him say what he wants, cause he can.

"Welcome to Perfect Ville

Population 1

established in 1972"

Preach!

Its hilarious the only people who hate all this are the Bears fans and the lone Bills fan, what a shock

He is an individual that was on the greatest team in sports history.

HAHA, even if you want to argue the '72 Dolphins are the best team in NFL History (which the aren't, but I'll let you have that for the sake of this debate), there is no way in hell they are better than the 1996 Bulls or 1986 Celtics, or the 1927 or 1998 Yankees. None. Hell, the 80's Oilers had a couple teams better than the Dolphins, but I'd need Tony or one of the hockey experts to back me up on the specifics there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
HAHA, even if you want to argue the '72 Dolphins are the best team in NFL History (which the aren't, but I'll let you have that for the sake of this debate), there is no way in hell they are better than the 1996 Bulls or 1986 Celtics, or the 1927 or 1998 Yankees. None. Hell, the 80's Oilers had a couple teams better than the Dolphins, but I'd need Tony or one of the hockey experts to back me up on the specifics there.

Yeah, but none of them went undefeated

QUOTE(lord chas @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
i think it also needs to be mentioned that the dolphins went a majority of that seaosn without griese. i dont think the pats would even be close to undefeated if brady missed a few games

Brady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Griese

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
Brady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Griese

Point being, the 72' Phins did what they did with their back up QB for the majority of the year

Patriots aren't even a playoff team if Brady doesn't play this season

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
Brady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Griese

by your logic i can just say Griese>McMahon

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 10:51 PM)
Preach!

Its hilarious the only people who hate all this are the Bears fans and the lone Bills fan, what a shock

Balta's a Bills fan too, so suck me

And I have nothing against the '72 Dolphins. Oustanding team, outstanding story, but not in my mind the best team of all time. If you have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine, and I'll hate the Dolphins all I want to.

I also really hate Mercury Morris; I'm so sick and tired of people talking to him. If he didn't come out and talk about how "cool the '72 Dolphins are" nobody would hate them, and would instead love and respect them. But because he's a cocky douche about it, people hate him, hate the Dolphins, and the '72 Dolphins don't get the respect they deserve.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
Point being, the 72' Phins did what they did with their back up QB for the majority of the year

Patriots aren't even a playoff team if Brady doesn't play this season

You have to be drunk if you are making a statement like that. Put down the bottle, wake up in the morning, and read what you said. They wouldn't have gone 18-0, but they would have made the playoffs, and there's no doubt in my mind. They'd have picked up Vinny Testaverde or Brad Johnson or some other backup QB and they would have been just fine, even if Matt Cassel sucked. Hell, maybe even Drew Bledsoe, who knows.

That's about the most ridiculous statement I've seen made in a long time on here.

If we judge teams by accomplishments, I have a hard time dismissing the Dolphins. When three or four teams manage a perfect season, hell one team, then we can start dismissing them. And I won't even go towards comparing teams in different sports. That's mental masturbation at its worst.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 02:00 AM)
Balta's a Bills fan too, so suck me

And I have nothing against the '72 Dolphins. Oustanding team, outstanding story, but not in my mind the best team of all time. If you have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine, and I'll hate the Dolphins all I want to.

I also really hate Mercury Morris; I'm so sick and tired of people talking to him. If he didn't come out and talk about how "cool the '72 Dolphins are" nobody would hate them, and would instead love and respect them. But because he's a cocky douche about it, people hate him, hate the Dolphins, and the '72 Dolphins don't get the respect they deserve.

You have to be drunk if you are making a statement like that. Put down the bottle, wake up in the morning, and read what you said. They wouldn't have gone 18-0, but they would have made the playoffs, and there's no doubt in my mind. They'd have picked up Vinny Testaverde or Brad Johnson or some other backup QB and they would have been just fine, even if Matt Cassel sucked. Hell, maybe even Drew Bledsoe, who knows.

That's about the most ridiculous statement I've seen made in a long time on here.

There is ZERO chance the Patriots make the playoffs this year if Brady gets hurt.. I don't give a s*** who you think they would bring in, it wouldn't happen

Vinny and Brad? Man get the f*** out of here, and I am the one who is drinking?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
If we judge teams by accomplishments, I have a hard time dismissing the Dolphins. When three or four teams manage a perfect season, hell one team, then we can start dismissing them. And I won't even go towards comparing teams in different sports. That's mental masturbation at its worst.

As much as I don't care for the 72 Dolphins annual celebration when the last undefeated team loses, you do have to give them their due. They have done something no other team in the storied history of the NFL has done. No way do I consider them the greatest team in NFL history, but like the man I quoted says, you have to respect the accomplishment.