IS THERE A LIMIT?

J-MAN

Once again the Sox raised single game pricing!

My son and I have a game before we get to the first home game to guess how much they raised parking this year!

I remember not long ago it was $10 - then $12 - then $15 then $18 - then $20 - thought that would be the stopping point but NO THIS YEAR IT'S $22!!!!!!!

I'm with you man, they really rip you on parking. However, on Sundays, if you are willing to walk a few blocks, you can park for free in certain areas on the street. My family and I did this when my brothers, sisters and I were younger and it was kids day, so it only cost us about $30.00 total to go to the game---and that is with food, parking, tickets and the whole sha-bang combined.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm with you man, they really rip you on parking. However, on Sundays, if you are willing to walk a few blocks, you can park for free in certain areas on the street. My family and I did this when my brothers, sisters and I were younger and it was kids day, so it only cost us about $30.00 total to go to the game---and that is with food, parking, tickets and the whole sha-bang combined.

But you have to be real careful because pretty much the whole neighborhood has the permit signs,so there is really no free parking on the street.I live about 15 blocks west of the park and it is a permit zone.

If you need to drive, a nice alternative is to park near the red line stop in China town and take the train one stop south. Even parking further north at Roosevelt or Jackson can get you some cheap parking and a quick inexpensive train ride. Also, if you have a friend in the neighborhood, thye typically can call their alderman and get an extra street permit that will work for all games.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
take the train

I definitely take the red line when I am going to weekend games from home but on weeknights I work a few miles from there and makes no sense to drive home and take the el + my son and I traditionally stop at Home Run Inn for pizza before games - makes taking el impossible.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
For the Bulls parking is 30 dollars lol, so 22 is still less than that? I also take the train and than the redline or whatever lol cant remember right now.

30 bucks? where you'd get ripped? I payed 18 just last month.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
I definitely take the red line when I am going to weekend games from home but on weeknights I work a few miles from there and makes no sense to drive home and take the el + my son and I traditionally stop at Home Run Inn for pizza before games - makes taking el impossible.

Well, we haven't done that recently because you're anal about getting there early. :P

I have an uncle with a condo and 2 parking spaces about 6 blocks up 35th, and he only has one car. Sure its a bit of a walk, but maybe it works off a beer on the way back. Plus we can et before and after if needed at his place. But yeah, it sucks that the rates go up, but if that doesn't, then something else will.

Wait isn't everyone thanking the Sox for the $110 million payroll?

Guys this was inevitable. If we want a top 10 payroll, we have to have a top 10 revenue base. Tickets, parking, and everything else going just going to keep going up as long as the Sox are putting out this kind of money.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)

You and your son should just eat the dogs in the park!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
You and your son should just eat the dogs in the park!

Don't get him started Steve, this could go on for another 3 pages. :P

Now that you mention it though, I could go for a stadium dog/brat right about now. God damn it man, the season is still 2 months away! :angry:

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

Now that you mention it though, I could go for a stadium dog/brat right about now. God damn it man, the season is still 2 months away! :angry:

I still can't believe they got rid of dollar dog thursdays last year. I could smack the f*** who thought that would be a good idea.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Wait isn't everyone thanking the Sox for the $110 million payroll?

Guys this was inevitable. If we want a top 10 payroll, we have to have a top 10 revenue base. Tickets, parking, and everything else going just going to keep going up as long as the Sox are putting out this kind of money.

I thought I read on these boards (might have been Steff?) that neither the White Sox nor the State of Illinois own the parking lots. The real estate and administration are a separate operation owned by the Reinsdorf family so it won't impact the team either way. If I have this wrong, please correct me. I've also heard it elsewhere, urban legend?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
I still can't believe they got rid of dollar dog thursdays last year. I could smack the f*** who thought that would be a good idea.

You don't really eat those dollar dogs?

Zoom(Joe) ordered those a few years ago - I told him to order the kosher dogs at $2.50 he wouldn't listen - after he ate them said now he understood why I ordered the kosher dogs.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
You don't really eat those dollar dogs?

Zoom(Joe) ordered those a few years ago - I told him to order the kosher dogs at $2.50 he wouldn't listen - after he ate them said now he understood why I ordered the kosher dogs.

What if you happen to have a Rabbi handy?Would it then be okay to purchase the dollar dogs?

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

Gold Coast Dogs is the closest substitute there is...