Fields thought about walking away

rackemup

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, God...they all go into the same classification bucket for me.

Seventeen does have good dating tips...so I recommend.

Right. It is ok for you to believe that. It's not ok to insult other people's beliefs.

some how I'm picturing you in the 5'1" range and probably best friends with Pratt.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
Right. It is ok for you to believe that. It's not ok to insult other people's beliefs.

some how I'm picturing you in the 5'1" range and probably best friends with Pratt.

Close...6'2'' 260. I could use a diet. Surprisingly, my close 'really religious' friend, finds my rants funny and not insulting. He must be one of the guy's who turns the other cheek.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)
Yeah, I guess...I don't respect religion and that story guarantees Mr. Fields will never be one of my favorite players.

Respect religion whether you want to or not, but you have to respect other's beliefs. Grouping lunatics like the KKK with good-willed people is incredibly ignorant and is flat out wrong.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
Respect religion whether you want to or not, but you have to respect other's beliefs. Grouping lunatics like the KKK with good-willed people is incredibly ignorant and is flat out wrong.

I didn't group anyone. And I respect people's right to religious freedom, but I know the world would be better off without religion.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
I didn't group anyone. And I respect people's right to religious freedom, but I know the world would be better off without religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

It's impossible to even consider, because if religion were eliminated, some other form of religion would be created, even if it weren't called religion.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
Close...6'2'' 260. I could use a diet. Surprisingly, my close 'really religious' friend, finds my rants funny and not insulting. He must be one of the guy's who turns the other cheek.

:lol: He's your friend. I'm not. Spewing ignorance on an internet message board is the same thing hosting a KKK website.

but for the record, now I'm laughing. Turning the other cheek has nothing to do with it. I have every right to stand up for my faith and the faith of others.

If you can't see the difference between making some jokes to your friend and making comments to random strangers, you're worse off than I thought.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

It's impossible to even consider, because if religion were eliminated, some other form of religion would be created, even if it weren't called religion.

I will admit this...I think religion, when done right, provides people for good ideals and morals to live by. And having faith is a good thing for people. But its not for me. Unless God himself visits me, I will continue to believe what I believe. And as far as Josh Fields goes, give me a f***ing break. If I'm in that locker room and I hear one word about God, after I tell him I'm not interested, then get the f*** out of the clubhouse.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
:lol: He's your friend. I'm not. Spewing ignorance on an internet message board is the same thing hosting a KKK website.

but for the record, now I'm laughing. Turning the other cheek has nothing to do with it. I have every right to stand up for my faith and the faith of others.

If you can't see the difference between making some jokes to your friend and making comments to random strangers, you're worse off than I thought.

You aren't random strangers...you are words on a screen. And I am in one of my moods today and you guys are all over it, so I am having a hard time stopping trying to piss everyone off.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)

How do you know? Do you have a source? Or is this just your opinion? Because if it is a fact, well, I need to see some evidence.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
How do you know? Do you have a source? Or is this just your opinion? Because if it is a fact, well, I need to see some evidence.

I have to retract that statement, due to the south park evidence presented by WiteSoxFan.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
What am I, an English major?

I was asking for your personal definition. If you can't define a word, maybe you shouldn't claim to understand it. Because, clearly, you have no idea what respect is.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Respect from me doesn't mean I can't make fun of it. I respect Cub fans and make fun of them all day.

phew, because I really respect you, but think that you probably enjoy being impregnated by mountain goats.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
So religion is too sacred to make fun of?

Not at all. But if you want to claim to respect something, then perhaps you shouldn't belittle it. I would argue that comparing the Bible to Seventeen isn't making fun.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
Not at all. But if you want to claim to respect something, then perhaps you shouldn't belittle it. I would argue that comparing the Bible to Seventeen isn't making fun.

Ok, I respect the freedom of religion then. Or whatever word I know the meaning of, in place of respect.