Curt Schilling might be done

Steve9347

per Rotoworld.

The Boston Herald reports that Curt Schilling may need surgery for what's likely either a rotator cuff or labrum injury.

Schilling is done after this year, so we don't see why he'd undergo surgery. Unless he's reconsidering and wants to extend his career beyond 2008, then he'll have to try to pitch through the problem. According to the Herald, the Red Sox are already exploring the possibility of voiding Schilling's contract. They could decide to make a run at Kyle Lohse or take a flier on Bartolo Colon or Freddy Garcia if they don't think Schilling will make it back. Feb. 7 - 1:38 pm et

I've never understood the venomous hatred for Curt Schilling. Sure, he's outspoken, sure, he's crazy-religious, sure, he might speak up when not needed.

But he's always been a gamer, its not his fault the media blew the bloody sock out of proportion. He's taken the right stance on many issues including steroids and that weird ass device that checks Umpires on strike zones.

Again, he can be a pain, but he's always been fun to watch, he's done it the right way, and he's a solid pitcher who at one point was one of the league's best. The game would be lucky to have more like him.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
I've never understood the venomous hatred for Curt Schilling. Sure, he's outspoken, sure, he's crazy-religious, sure, he might speak up when not needed.

But he's always been a gamer, its not his fault the media blew the bloody sock out of proportion. He's taken the right stance on many issues including steroids and that weird ass device that checks Umpires on strike zones.

Again, he can be a pain, but he's always been fun to watch, he's done it the right way, and he's a solid pitcher who at one point was one of the league's best. The game would be lucky to have more like him.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

In defense of the Sock and Schilling, I don't think the Bloody Sock was blown out of proportion or unnecessarily praised. It was one of the noblest, gutsiest performances in baseball history and deserved to be hailed as such, especially in the context. Boston winning the World Series was a huge deal, as it should've been. Because history and bias dictates that.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
In defense of the Sock and Schilling, I don't think the Bloody Sock was blown out of proportion or unnecessarily praised. It was one of the noblest, gutsiest performances in baseball history and deserved to be hailed as such, especially in the context. Boston winning the World Series was a huge deal, as it should've been. Because history and bias dictates that.

...yeah, if he did say so himself...

I can't wait to see the bloody UnderArmour shirt.

I won't miss Blowhard Curt, cuz I'm sure he won't go away!