Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
If'n you don't mind me officially joining. I'm still losing weight, but the gym has been difficult to get to for me since I fell down a flight of icy stairs this week and broke my tailbone.

Ouch, very sorry to hear that.

so. . . is is cool to call you Rex Brokea** or not?

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
If'n you don't mind me officially joining. I'm still losing weight, but the gym has been difficult to get to for me since I fell down a flight of icy stairs this week and broke my tailbone.

Did you go get an X-ray? I was concerned I broke mine the other day sledding with my kid. I hit a bump and came down HARD on my posterior. I have been popping the advil since and I think it is getting better but I am concerned it is more than a deep bruise. Did you confirm yours was broken?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
Welcome aboard rex! That makes 15 of us.

I need updates from:

NSS72

WilliamT

SoxFan1

Pants Row

Shadows

Max Power

I updated too, I just didnt post it but put it in my signature.. I will start posting it in here too from now on though

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
Did you go get an X-ray? I was concerned I broke mine the other day sledding with my kid. I hit a bump and came down HARD on my posterior. I have been popping the advil since and I think it is getting better but I am concerned it is more than a deep bruise. Did you confirm yours was broken?

No I didn't confirm with an X Ray, but my tailbone did shift somewhat, so im reasonably sure. Since all they can do is prescribe pain meds that I don't need or want, I'm self diagnosing and gingerly sitting and standing. And walking is no problem. Biking and stomach crunches? Not so much.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
No I didn't confirm with an X Ray, but my tailbone did shift somewhat, so im reasonably sure. Since all they can do is prescribe pain meds that I don't need or want, I'm self diagnosing and gingerly sitting and standing. And walking is no problem. Biking and stomach crunches? Not so much.

That is rough. I have been popping Ibuprofen and it seems to be working okay and allows me to get fairly thorough workouts in. I doubt I have a fracture but it sounds like there isn't much that can be done either way.

Doesn't compare to Rex's brokeback, or brokebutt, or whatever it is, but apparently in my doctors visit yesterday, I have a severe case of bursitis in my right knee. It has hurt for the last 2 months, and been swollen, although I can't recall doing anything to make it happen like a fall or something. It hurts to go down stairs, and when I bend my knee it makes a crunching sound like crumpling up paper or aluminum foil. Pills and a cortisone shot, and a month of doing as little as possible. I foresee a gain coming in my near future.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
Doesn't compare to Rex's brokeback, or brokebutt, or whatever it is, but apparently in my doctors visit yesterday, I have a severe case of bursitis in my right knee. It has hurt for the last 2 months, and been swollen, although I can't recall doing anything to make it happen like a fall or something. It hurts to go down stairs, and when I bend my knee it makes a crunching sound like crumpling up paper or aluminum foil. Pills and a cortisone shot, and a month of doing as little as possible. I foresee a gain coming in my near future.

Just a suggestion. If you have access to a gym and a pool at the gym I would suggest moving your workouts to the water. If you exercise, run with resistance gloves or just swim you will be able to keep your exercise up without putting undo stress on your knee.

Good work guys. Keep it up.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Just a suggestion. If you have access to a gym and a pool at the gym I would suggest moving your workouts to the water. If you exercise, run with resistance gloves or just swim you will be able to keep your exercise up without putting undo stress on your knee.

Good work guys. Keep it up.

Yeah, I used a pool alot when I had knee surgery many many years ago. That helped alot. My gym doesn't have a pool, though. I will just have to switch to other things instead and let my legs shrivel up to sting beans until the knee heals.

On a side note, Juddling today had the greasiest Wendy's burger and fries for lunch, and I wanted to kill him the whole time he was eating it. it just smelled sooooo good. I get grilled chicken and lettuce on a tortilla. Good, but not quite like that.