Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club

sox4lifeinPA

Sorry I've been not posting or changing my weight. I was out of the country for 2.5 weeks, then very busy. But, I've been working on the weight, and its working. I have dropped 15 pounds so far in Feb, and I'm down to 243 from 258. 2 weeks of backpacking and eating nothing but freeze-dried food did the trick.

So, PA, how do we weigh in here? I am a little out of the loop. Is there a schedule? I'll update my sig.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
Sorry I've been not posting or changing my weight. I was out of the country for 2.5 weeks, then very busy. But, I've been working on the weight, and its working. I have dropped 15 pounds so far in Feb, and I'm down to 243 from 258. 2 weeks of backpacking and eating nothing but freeze-dried food did the trick.

So, PA, how do we weigh in here? I am a little out of the loop. Is there a schedule? I'll update my sig.

everyone should post once in the member thread, so I can check up on your signatures. You can also post info in this thread, but it's easiest if I can just check one thread (the member one).

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
I have been eating such crap lately, that I'm surprised if I didn't pack 3 or 4 pounds on when I next deign to weigh myself. At least I think I'm healed enough to start working out again.

dude, tell me about it.... it's the Tri-state area killing us. can't it just be spring already?!?!

Tex and FlaJim have no excuse.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
dude, tell me about it.... it's the Tri-state area killing us. can't it just be spring already?!?!

Tex and FlaJim have no excuse.

My excuse is that my wife is waffling in her own dieting commitment and now she's being a food temptress. I planned on having a plain chicken breast and some steamed veggies last night and instead I had a big honking chicken pot pie.

If I don't lose at least 3 pounds this week it will be all her fault. :stick

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
My excuse is that my wife is waffling in her own dieting commitment and now she's being a food temptress. I planned on having a plain chicken breast and some steamed veggies last night and instead I had a big honking chicken pot pie.

If I don't lose at least 3 pounds this week it will be all her fault. :stick

see, depending on her running skills, you could turn weight training into cardio by chasing her with that stick :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
My excuse is that my wife is waffling in her own dieting commitment and now she's being a food temptress.

My wife is the DEVIL when it comes to that. I usually do the food shopping, so I can control what we have, but last week SHE did it. Came back with ice cream, pie, Oreos and bacon! And the cheap side of me can't let stuff go to waste, so I am sure you know the results of that.

Still plugging along. Down 1 pound this week. Today is my birthday and I am going out and plan on drinking beer and eating. Cooking a nice big fat ribeye tomorrow, so we shall see what that does to me next week.

So far I have been pretty shaky during the weekends, but pretty good with my food choices during the week. I've changed the types of snacks I am eating and trying not to eat for no freakin reason. I am planning on starting to walk with a friend next week so maybe I can walk off the damage I do this weekend and still come out okay next Friday morning.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
Still plugging along. Down 1 pound this week. Today is my birthday and I am going out and plan on drinking beer and eating. Cooking a nice big fat ribeye tomorrow, so we shall see what that does to me next week.

So far I have been pretty shaky during the weekends, but pretty good with my food choices during the week. I've changed the types of snacks I am eating and trying not to eat for no freakin reason. I am planning on starting to walk with a friend next week so maybe I can walk off the damage I do this weekend and still come out okay next Friday morning.

Walking does a lot. People aren't always aware of that. You don't have to do an hour of high-impact cardio to make a difference. I've known multiple people that changed nothing other than walking a mile or two each day, and they lost dramatic weight.

Unfortunately, some circumstances have forced me to stay stagnant for a few weeks. I had mid-terms, followed by Spring Break, followed by St. Patrick's Day....so, yeah. Still going though. Will weigh-in tomorrow night.

I also continue to run into my wall. Stuck at 184 for the 3rd straight week.

I'm still watching what I eat during the day very closely, and am probably only going a little overboard at dinner if at all. What's killing me is that I've lost any free time for any exercise and that's obviously the key missing ingredient now.

Rats.

I haven't lost any weight in 3 or 4 weeks. I also haven't eaten well or exercised in that time. I have myriad excuses, but will keep them to myself because they are just that - excuses. Next week I'll be down 2 lbs as my schedule clears up for additional work out time. Not coinicidently, I eat better when I exercise. If Screech can do it, so can I.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
I haven't even weighed myself. Im moving in 6 days and that's taking more of my time than anything else right now.

Really though, if you are serious about losing weight you need to move more often than once every 6 days.

;)