Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club

sox4lifeinPA

3/1 -186

4/1 -179

5/1 -170

6/1- 165

At the end of april i pulled something in my elbow. Been going to physical therapy, guess i just have a severe case of tennis elbow. Never knew how bad it could hurt. All May i haven't been able to lift, just been hitting cardio. Picked up swimming three days a week and still work my abs three times. Unfortunate, i was gaining some good muscle.

Same same, elbow still Fuct, but im doing interval cardio, swimming, and pushups. Cant wait to lift when possible.

Edited by Stocking

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mission accomplished and then some! Down to 155. That's 75 pounds dropped since November. I can't believe I did this s***. Big thanks to Rex and everybody in here for dropping countless tips/knowledge/ect. Now the REAL challenge begins. Maintaining this new healthy lifestyle. I hope I'm up for it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:48 AM)
Mission accomplished and then some! Down to 155. That's 75 pounds dropped since November. I can't believe I did this s***. Big thanks to Rex and everybody in here for dropping countless tips/knowledge/ect. Now the REAL challenge begins. Maintaining this new healthy lifestyle. I hope I'm up for it.

Amazing, great job. got any before and after photos to share?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:48 AM)

That amazing; just shows your dedication. Congrats on taking the weight off, but if you've come this far, I have no doubt, you'll stick to your plan and keep it off.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Amazing, great job. got any before and after photos to share?

No before pics. I was extremely sensitive when it came to taking pics when I was 230. I'll try and get some current pics up in the next couple weeks (gotta get a scanner).

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 08:38 AM)
That amazing; just shows your dedication. Congrats on taking the weight off, but if you've come this far, I have no doubt, you'll stick to your plan and keep it off.

Thanks, maggs. And I forgot to congratulate you on the awesome job you did at your marathon a few weeks back. Nice job, bro.

That's awesome J4L! I'm glad I was able to help in some way.

I may have to lean on you some now as I have hit a wall and can't seem to break through it. Between work stress and hours, I just haven't been consistent either in diet or in working out and have to find a way. I'm hovering between 255-260 and really want to get down to 225 at least. I need to do so because I still plan on running a half marathon in Evansville in October. That's 30-35 lbs will make a huge difference.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
That's awesome J4L! I'm glad I was able to help in some way.

I may have to lean on you some now as I have hit a wall and can't seem to break through it. Between work stress and hours, I just haven't been consistent either in diet or in working out and have to find a way. I'm hovering between 255-260 and really want to get down to 225 at least. I need to do so because I still plan on running a half marathon in Evansville in October. That's 30-35 lbs will make a huge difference.

Anytime@Rex. I got your back anytime.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:48 AM)

That's awesome man, I started at 230 as well, and in 13 weeks im now down to 190. 20 lbs to go, hopefully I can get this off by the end of summer

3/1 -186

4/1 -179

5/1 -170

6/1- 165

7/1- 161

Still going to physical therapy for my elbow, so haven't been able to lift. However all June i did about 2,000 push-ups a week which added some mass to my chest. Continued swimming 3X a week(25min), Gym cardio 6X (25 min; stairs, elip, bike) and interval running 3X (20-30 min) a week, and Abs 3X(20min). The days i dont swim, i run intervals that i switch up. I really stuck to my diet and didn't have any alcohol this past month, so must be muscle that caused such a low drop of weight. Looking at pictures of my progress, has been my motivation.

Edited by Stocking

I really really need to get back in this. I decided yesterday that I needed to stop being a lazy ass. I've lost 5 pounds since the beginning of the year (lol) not that it means anything but I just want to tone up a bit. I set up my Total Gym, Ab Lounge, and free weights in my basement again and I'm going to go at it. Between those, regular basketball play, and swimming in my pool, I don't think it'll be too hard.

Right now, I'm 6'6 and 230. I'm not fat, but I've got a little extra here and there that I want to tone up. I don't really have a goal weight per se, but I'd say somewhere around 205 would have me nice and toned.

Wish me luck.

ive started a new workout routine that involves tons of cardio and not so much eating all those evil things out there. ive been doing it for 2 months and ive GAINED 13 pounds going from 150 to 163 pounds, i look leaner and feel better though. im 5'5'' by the way. is the gain in weight a good or bad thing??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

3/1 -186

4/1 -179

5/1 -170

6/1- 165

7/1- 161

8/1- 157

9/1- 157

By the middle of August I had gotten down to 154 but gained three pounds back while maintaining the same regiment, hopefully all muscle. So with that I'm done being a loser. New goal is to gain 13-18lbs of muscle in the next three months. I have absolutely totally transformed my body and become a much healthier person all around.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
3/1 -186

4/1 -179

5/1 -170

6/1- 165

7/1- 161

8/1- 157

9/1- 157

By the middle of August I had gotten down to 154 but gained three pounds back while maintaining the same regiment, hopefully all muscle. So with that I'm done being a loser. New goal is to gain 13-18lbs of muscle in the next three months. I have absolutely totally transformed my body and become a much healthier person all around.

Nice work!

• 2 months later...

Kind of pumped, about next year. I'm already signed-up/committed to four half-marathons for next year: the IU Mini, the Indy Mini, the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll 1/2, and the Fort4Fitness Half. My goal is to run Chicago's Marathon next October.

Running has become an obsession for me this year, as I've run a variety of 5 and 10Ks, as well as a couple of other longer distance races this year. My last race of the calendar year is this Thursday morning, as I'm running a Turkey Trot in Naperville.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally found the motivation to go workout regularly. I overpay for a way too nice gym and I am completely broke. So I feel like I'm flushing money down the toilet if I'm not there 3 times a week at least. Mostly cardio, as that's what its always been - although I've started doing some light to moderate weights twice a week focusing on my upper body since there isn't a lot of development there.

I've also fallen in love with Spinning. Now that the cycling year is basically up, I'm in the spin room at least twice a week - often riding for an hour by myself in the room just to kick my own ass as hard as I can.

It's been two months since I really started and I'm down about 10 pounds give or take a pound.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
I gained Jim's loss. :stick

Cleaning my frige of bad food. Now I'm ready.

Start weight: 226

Current weight: 227

Goal weight: 190

lbs lost: +1

lbs to go: 37

Long story short, I ballooned up to 238, since I have been teaching I lost 11 pounds and went searching for this post. Ughh. I thought I had made some progress. But things are looking up.

• 4 months later...

So.....clearly this is an old thread, but I recently started to try and lose weight. I am pretty overweight, really. I am actually not nearly as big as I weigh, I guess I hide it pretty well. Here is a picture of myself from about a month ago. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I don't look like someone who weighs close to 300 pounds....

27266_940933045608_13709425_51861286_452

5'11

Starting Weight (4/7/10) - 272 LB

Trips to Gym - 8 times

Current Weight (4/27/10) - 268 LB

Total Loss: 4 lbs

Pretty happy w/ that, just wish I had more time to go. With being a full time student, having a job at school, being a devoted Sox/Hawks fan, and leaving every weekend, it's really hard to find time to go during the 4 days I am usually on campus.

My workout is generally the same every time. I start on the eliptical machine and run between 1-1.4 miles in 13 minutes. I then go and do 3-4 sets on the rowing machine. It's one where I sit on a sliding seat, strap my feet in, and then pull back on a row chain and push back w/ my legs. Looks like this....

concept-2-indoor-rowing-machine.jpg

I also do 3-4 sets using a 15LB kettle weight where I stand with my feet about 2 feet apart, hold the weight straight out in front of me w/ one arm, then crouch down, bring the weight down and through my legs, then swing back up, switch it to my other hand in one motion, and then go back down again. I do this for 1 minute straight, then do the rowing for 1 minute, then go back and forth.

After the rowing and kettle weight, I go back on the elliptical and jog for another 13 minutes and do about 1-1.2 miles. So I end up w/ about 2-2.5 miles total.

Total workout takes me about 45-50 minutes. It has seemed to work for me. The best part is that I still have not really changed my diet very much. I eat less snacks, and more water, but I am not a salad person, or eating vegetables all the time. Still eat the normal cafeteria food and the slice of a pizza a few times a week.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Weighed myself again today. Down almost 8 pounds total. I always weigh myself BEFORE I work out though, so hopefully after tonight's workout, I am down to 264 or lower.

Starting Weight (4/7/10) - 272 LB

Trips to Gym - 11 times

Current Weight (5/7/10) - 264 LB

Total Loss: 8 lbs

So 8 lbs in the first month.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Just weighed myself on the scale at home (since I am back from school), and it says I am 260.5. I would really like to believe it, but I am not sure. My brother assures me it should be accurate since it was expensive, but I don't want to get too optimistic. The one at the gym is the one I have been using, but 80% of the time the scale was not balanced properly, so even when it was balanced, maybe it was still off? A 4 pound difference is pretty big......

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
A 4 pound difference is pretty big......

Bah, I don't feel like it is, especially if you weigh yourself at a different time each day (i.e. before or after a meal, before or after a bathroom break), or while wearing different clothes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Bah, I don't feel like it is, especially if you weigh yourself at a different time each day (i.e. before or after a meal, before or after a bathroom break), or while wearing different clothes.

I talked to my brother who frequents the gym (he is basically the opposite of me, body size wise) and he weighed himself at the gym, and then at home and they gave him the same reading, so I think I can trust the one at home, and if I can, that means I am actually down 12 pounds this month, which is awesome.