Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
Going to be an uphill battle to have a good weigh-in this week, seeing as I pigged out as expected at the seafood festival yesterday.

Big Fatty had himself:

• 3 deviled crabs (basically crab cakes)

• clams and linguini in butter and garlic

• fried calamari

• fried scallops

• grilled shrimp

• fried oysters

• New England clam chowder

• steamed clams with butter

• 4 fest-sized 32 oz draft amber ales from the local brewery

:crying :crying

Oh, wait. I also had a diet Coke in there somewhere, so that should offset all of that, right?

:unsure:

God damn that sounds so good. We should be the ones crying.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a charity theme=party last saturday. I drank the 22 year olds under the table, and paid for it in the terms of weight gain. No real hangover, but for now, I gained 3 pounds. Not good. But it was fun! I guess I will have to work out a little longer this next week or two.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 08:03 AM)
Good week this time.. After two bad weeks (-1 and +3), I dropped 7 pounds this week. And aside from a few little things I am doing at home, I have not started the exercise part of my plan. That needs to happen soon.

:headbang Excellent!

Not me. I had a break-even week. Too much eating at the seafood festival and a couple of meals out and I'm the same as I was a week ago. Better than gaining I guess, but this weekend is our wedding anniversary so I know there will be some big eating this week too.

So my goal time is coming in like 9 days, yikes!! Still have a little more than 10 punds to go, going to need to really push it this week. I wouldve been down to 230 if not for the traveling I did this past week, lets just say visiting colleges isnt the best thing to do when dieting. I tried to keep the portions small though and went swimming at the hotel pool or worked out at my dad's apartment, doesnt help though when I get a chance to eat Chicago pizza again :lol:

can i still join this? i just weighed in at 249...i ran a 4 mile turkey trot and thanksgiving and havent done a damn thing since....which would explain why i was absolutely gassed and had to walk for a few sec in running a mile just now....still i cant believe i declined that fast....anyways...249 now and id like to hit 215 which is 34 lbs...

I had about 2 servings of doritos tonight and I feel sick. So far today I've had that, a bowl of cereal, a serving of pork, 2 granola bars, an orange, 2 pieces of pizza 2 toaster stroodles, and a lot of water and a glass of milk. I've eaten a lot and it's not the healthiest day either, hopefully I can make tomorrow better.

Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Lost 2 pounds this week. Did really well for the second half of the week but I pigged out over the weekend and had to make up for thaat. On the bright side, I'm officially more than halfway to losing 40 pounds. Of course that last 20 is going to be tough.

Shocker this week for me. Weighed in this morning hoping not to see me go back over 340 and much to my surprise I came in at 337, down 2 pounds this week. I really only half-assed the diet this week, eating pizza twice so I was really hoping to just break even. I'll certainly take it.

I've got a nice bit of momentum going. If only I could find a way to fit in exercise, I'd be in really good shape. So far I am down 25 pounds with no real exercise. The next three weeks will be tough for me in that regard. My parents are visiting this weekend, next weekend is my birthday and the following is the 1st & 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney. Won't be any real extra time on the weekends.

I am also suprised I didn't gain this week. For some people, stress causes weight loss. Opposite for me. But at least I didn't gain. I did, however, discover by accident that I can now fit into a pair of jeans that only last year were so tight I had to do suck the gut in just to attempt to close.

So after starting this thing yesterday, I've played basketball on Friday and both basketball and baseball on Saturday. I don't expect immediate weight loss, but if I keep this up I think by April 7th I'll be in the 160 range and than if I get another month under my belt my appetite will increase and the metabolism will just have stuff coming off even when I'm not trying (which is when I'll focus on doing a bit more lifting to try and get more cut).

More importantly I want to strengthen my knee as it still doesn't feel the same after I tore the meniscus and sprained my ACL/MCL a few months back.