• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Weight: 177

Week 1: 179 (+2)

Week 2 (most current week): 172 (-7)

Overall: -5

I have absolutely no idea how I lost 7 pounds this week (I was on vacation in Arizona for 4 of those days eating baseball food). I also had no idea how I put on 2 pounds during my 1st week (as I was doing an assload of cardio playing basketball). I know my body typically responds slowly and than all of a sudden my metalobism starts rocking, so if I keep up my current cardio plan (ie, playing bball 2 days a week, softball once a week, and football another day) I should be well on my way.

Aside from cardio, I've been doing situps and pushups and as I indicated before I don't plan on beginning any major lifting until I get down into the 155-160 range.

Note to self: Keep replying to my own post so I can keep track of this stuff.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 06:11 AM)
Back after a week off. Didn't post last week because of some funky #'s on the scale (5 lb variations in 3 days).

Down to 332 this week. Still have a lot of work to do and have to pick up the pace to hit my June 1 goal of 299.

Hey man, you're losing more than 10 pounds a month - that's impressive!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Hey man, you're losing more than 10 pounds a month - that's impressive!

I appreciate that, but with as much as I have to lose I don't feel like it is going fast enough. I have done it all to this point without exercise so it is time to turn it up a notch. I am well behind pace to hit my initial goal of 299 by June 1. I started walking this week and plan to keep it up, hoping that will help get me to the next level. I'm not far off from starting to lift as well, but that may be a few more weeks.

I had a good week this week and am down to 328, down 4 pounds. I believe if I stick with the changes I have made in my diet, be a little more disciplined on the weekends and stay consistent with walking (until I can run) then the pace should pick up.

Thanks for the encouragement though. It's always good to hear that.

Edited by Rex Hudler

I know I am probably jinxing myself, but I am having a great week and am looking forward to Friday's weigh-in. I've eaten well all week and started walking last Thursday. Except for the weekend, I've walked about 2 1/2 miles each day and have added some strength exercises done at home. My energy level is higher than I can recall in a long time.

I'm still shooting for 299 by June 1st, which would be a total loss of 63 pounds in 5 months. I haven't set the goal for my next step, I'll wait until I get closer to June 1 to do so. But I have set a longer term goal to run a 5k race here in October. Seems like a tall order at this time, but I know it can be done.

Keep working guys. It's not easy, but it feels damned good when you commit yourself to it!

Quick question about the actual show. Next week is the live finale. Does anyone know how much actual time there was between tonight's taped last week on campus and next week's finale? How does the finale work? Is the winner the one that has the highest percentage of weight-loss?

Oh, and if anybody is open, my suggestion is to vote for Roger to be in the finale. Last week Roger was let go from his job for being away from work for too long. Not sure what kind of agreement what they had in the beginning, but that kinda blows. My guess is he will trade this experience for any job. He was an associate Athletic Director at Jacksonville State in Alabama.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 12:55 AM)
Quick question about the actual show. Next week is the live finale. Does anyone know how much actual time there was between tonight's taped last week on campus and next week's finale? How does the finale work? Is the winner the one that has the highest percentage of weight-loss?

Oh, and if anybody is open, my suggestion is to vote for Roger to be in the finale. Last week Roger was let go from his job for being away from work for too long. Not sure what kind of agreement what they had in the beginning, but that kinda blows. My guess is he will trade this experience for any job. He was an associate Athletic Director at Jacksonville State in Alabama.

I'm pretty sure it will be % weight loss. That has been the way they have figured out who falls below the line and is eligible for elimination since season 2.

I think there is only the one week between last night's ep and the finale. I know all of the voted off members (including whoever of the remaining men gets booted) come back to weigh in and compete for the $100K at-home prize, and then the 3 finalists are competing for the $250K.

I'm guessing Mark will be the one eliminated if his whining irritated everybody as much as it did me.

So this week after the tailbone fracture and lower back injury and moving, I started working out again.

20 miles on the bicycle yesterday. NYC is different than the Jersey Shore in that there are actually hills. And the Williamsburg Bridge is just a big giant hill. It hurted my thighs.

Oh, I'm a little fatter too. 251 at last count.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

The actual show had 5 weeks between the last episode and last night.

For some reason I was really pulling for Kelly. I was hoping Brit would lose a few more pounds and actully be steamy she was gertting there. The newlywed chcik was pretty decent looking. Glad Bernie beat Mark and Jillian had both winners. I really dig that show and I am not really sure why. I have lost 30 pounds since I started watching it in week 3. Although Comiskey Park is doing me no favors.

I've had a pretty good week so far. Had fries one day (ate vegetarian another day) but I ran on Monday, Bball on Tuesday, Softball (light jog before playing cause really softball isn't that much exercise) on Wednesday and tonight if all goes well another day of basketball. The run on Monday was one of my best runs in some time (3 miles in around 23 minutes). Not even close to a personal record (somehow I've ran a mile under 6 before and I know there is no way I'll ever do that again in my life). But I would really like to get to the point where I can run a mile under 7 minutes (still a bit away from that or so I assume).

Another solid week. Not putting up spectacular numbers, but have been very consistent lately. Dropped 4 lbs this week.

Now down 41 lbs total since Jan 5. Have to lose 22 more pounds in the next 6 weeks to hit my initial goal. Won't be easy, but it's doable.