Blue Jeans

Texsox

57 members have voted

1. 1. What jeans do you buy the most often?

• Levi's
    • Lee's
    • Wranglers
    • Generic (Penny's Sears Lands End etc.)
    • Upscale Designer
  2. 2. How much do you spend?

• <$20
    • >$20 <$40
    • >$40 <$75
    • >$75

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I didnt even know there were still jeans out there that were less than 75 bucks, at least not in chicago. And its not about high school thinking you are cool or not, if you go someplace nice to eat, or a social gathering, its generally known that you should at least dress up a little, and with jeans its not your acid washed wranglers. I buy generally Lucky, express, Mavi etc, nothing like the 300 dollar sevens people buy, but good, reliable jeans. Many of these are acceptable to wear with a nice shirt or jacket to a restaurant.

Not sure if you venture out that way, but Lucky just opened a store at the Prime Outlets in Aurora. I haven't been there yet, but Jim's daughter did and bought a few pairs from $44 to $80.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
Not sure if you venture out that way, but Lucky just opened a store at the Prime Outlets in Aurora. I haven't been there yet, but Jim's daughter did and bought a few pairs from $44 to $80.

I have, that mall is pretty awesome. Frankly anything under 100 bucks is a win these days.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
I find it interesting that 33% say they buy "upscale designer jeans," and yet only 11% say they pay over $75.

If you care to, you can find a $100 pair of jeans for $30 at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. From what I hear it's hit or miss when they have them in stock, but when they do they have great deals.

If you care to, you can find a $100 pair of jeans for $30 at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. From what I hear it's hit or miss when they have them in stock, but when they do they have great deals.

But it's not the same quality of chinese labor if you only pay $30 instead of $100!

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
Maybe people don't know the distinction. Brands like Lucky are to upscale designer jeans as Olive Garden is to fine Italian dining.

Dont hate on the salad and breadsticks.

I agree, but I like Lucky's and they do have more expensive lines, but sevens, R and R, PD and C etc are the ones that stick out as top shelf.

I'd like Gap jeans if they didn't fall apart in a few months. I like Levi's because they last forever, and I have a pair of Guess jeans that held up well.

I'd like to buy the better brands, but I just can't justify spending more than ~$50 for a pair of pants. I should probably start checking Marshalls again.