Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee-Martin junior guard Lester Hudson recorded what is believed to be the first quadruple-double in Division I men's basketball history on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-3 Hudson scored 25 points, grabbed 12 rebounds, had 10 assists and 10 steals in 31 minutes in a 116-74 victory over Central Baptist College.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Who the hell are the idiots agreeing to games like these:

North Carolina vs. Davidson in Charlotte

Iowa State at Bradley

DePaul at Creighton

Texas Tech at Sam Houston State

I know UNC, unlike the other 3, was lucky to escape and live to tell their tale, but don't schedule games like that, ESPECIALLY in November!! Oh, and I can't top a quadruple double, but Justin Jonus of Troy scored 44 points in a 133-131 OT win. More impressive though is David Holston of Chicago State. The 5'8 guard scored 39 points on a mind boggling 11 of 13 from 3 point range and even had 7 dimes and 3 steals. Oh, and Raymar Morgan is a beast, another double double tonight with 13 points and 14 rebounds for Michigan State.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
Tennessee-Martin junior guard Lester Hudson recorded what is believed to be the first quadruple-double in Division I men's basketball history on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-3 Hudson scored 25 points, grabbed 12 rebounds, had 10 assists and 10 steals in 31 minutes in a 116-74 victory over Central Baptist College.

What if he had also had 10 blocks in that game, what would you call it then? Just a "five-double"? lol.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Who the hell are the idiots agreeing to games like these:

Texas Tech at Sam Houston State

I know UNC, unlike the other 3, was lucky to escape and live to tell their tale, but don't schedule games like that, ESPECIALLY in November!! Oh, and I can't top a quadruple double, but Justin Jonus of Troy scored 44 points in a 133-131 OT win. More impressive though is David Holston of Chicago State. The 5'8 guard scored 39 points on a mind boggling 11 of 13 from 3 point range and even had 7 dimes and 3 steals. Oh, and Raymar Morgan is a beast, another double double tonight with 13 points and 14 rebounds for Michigan State.

We went to Tech last year, see no reason why they cant play fair and come to the J.. no one beats us non conference at home, they were toast coming in

I only wish it hadn't been sold out so I could have sat behind Techs bench and razzed Bobby Knight

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
Bradley makes ISU its punk ass b**** tonight. We're hurting bad without Wes, and having a starting backcourt of two walkons doesn't help.

Another long season. How I miss Eustachy.

Looking more and more forward to our matchup :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Fun and crazy game. Davidson had their chances but couldn't pull it off. Good W for UNC.
Excellent win for NC, it was every bit as tough as I thought it would be. Plenty to work on, but this season should be fun. I was hoping to see more out of Thompson & Stephenson, but it's only the first game so we will see.

You should know better than to post an NU score when they're close against someone. :P

They always float between tied and down 7 for a while before the other team stretches it out, usually at the end of the half/game.

They will not beat anyone remotely decent until Coble gets back. I do like Mike Thompson and Mike Capocci though. Maybe we'll actually make the tournament in a few years with those three. :P

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
They will not beat anyone remotely decent until Coble gets back. I do like Mike Thompson and Mike Capocci though. Maybe we'll actually make the tournament in a few years with those three. :P

Yeah, I was impressed with what I heard (I listened online). What's the word on this Nikola Baran guy? He redshirted last year, but is starting this year. That seems like an odd combo to me, is he supposed to be good?

Thompson sounded solid. I knew he'd be a decent player eventually, but I didn't envision him as a starter his freshman year. I was surprised because I saw him his junior year in high school and I was not impressed.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
Fantastic last play by Hawaii, lol. Illinois wins.

They tried calling TO I think, refs ignored them.

Those could have been the worst reffing crew I have ever seen. They once gave the ball to Hawaii after calling it out of bounds on them. There were so many nonexistant fouls in there too. And a horrible, horrible goaltending call as well.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)

Ahh, didn't even see that to be honest. And ya Fathom, Nash didn't touch the ball the last part of that game, unreal.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)

Those could have been the worst reffing crew I have ever seen. They once gave the ball to Hawaii after calling it out of bounds on them. There were so many nonexistant fouls in there too. And a horrible, horrible goaltending call as well.

As well as the worst jump ball call in history.