Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Findlay won 70-68 at Ohio State, and led basically all game. WTF is up with Big 10 athletic powerhouses losing to non DI teams??

Oh, and Memphis pulled away 80-63 over Richmond. Derrick Rose had 21 points and 5 rebounds on 6-8 from the field (2-4 from 3), and 7-10 from the line, with 2 blocks, 2 steals, and 1 assist.

Illinois won their 2nd and final exhibition, 76-39 over Kentucky Wesleyan. Brian Carlwell REALLY needs to be redshirted is one thing I took out of this, and Chris Hicks even had 7 points and hit a couple 3's. I'm not really sure what to take out of this game besides that, except there are tough redshirt decisions to make, Meacham and Randle looked good tonight, and Pruitt and Brock both got their first minutes and looked good.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
So, Findlay won 70-68 at Ohio State, and led basically all game. WTF is up with Big 10 athletic powerhouses losing to non DI teams??

Oh, and Memphis pulled away 80-63 over Richmond. Derrick Rose had 21 points and 5 rebounds on 6-8 from the field (2-4 from 3), and 7-10 from the line, with 2 blocks, 2 steals, and 1 assist.

Illinois won their 2nd and final exhibition, 76-39 over Kentucky Wesleyan. Brian Carlwell REALLY needs to be redshirted is one thing I took out of this, and Chris Hicks even had 7 points and hit a couple 3's. I'm not really sure what to take out of this game besides that, except there are tough redshirt decisions to make, Meacham and Randle looked good tonight, and Pruitt and Brock both got their first minutes and looked good.

I wouldn't redshirt Carlwell. I would rather have that scholarship available for 2010. Play him and hope he comes around, if he doesn't you don't want to tie up a scholarship for 5 years.

For those that did watch the Illini game last night, any thoughts on Kenny Battle? I dare say that this guy was better:

He was soooooo bad. How do they not screen these guys? Just because you've got a name doesn't mean you can work as a commentator.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
For those that did watch the Illini game last night, any thoughts on Kenny Battle? I dare say that this guy was better:

He was soooooo bad. How do they not screen these guys? Just because you've got a name doesn't mean you can work as a commentator.

the btn has definitely pulled some guys from the end of the broadcasting bench.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Kentucky and UConn are both going to struggle big time this year. Gardner-Webb is better than people realize, but UK is just ugly and has no interior defense.

Agreed on both. I hate these damn espn u games though, I want to see some of these darn teams play.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
Kentucky and UConn are both going to struggle big time this year. Gardner-Webb is better than people realize, but UK is just ugly and has no interior defense.

They'll miss Tubby... and their loss is our gain :)

Garner-Webb went 9-21 last year, starts a freshman and 2 sophomores, and was predicted to finish 8th in the Atlantic Sun, so it's not like they lost to some mid major power. For them to get their butt kicked for 40 minutes (It was 14-0 to start) like that by a team with that resume, at home, is almost more shocking to me than the Ohio State and Sparty losses. At least those were both against top 5 teams in D2, and preseason games that didn't count anyways so the coaches coached a bit different.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
Breakdown of the Big 10 here:

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=34

Interesting but quick and easy read if you have a couple minutes.

Interesting read, yes, but if thats a preview, then I'm a monkey's uncle. What kind of preview hardly talks about half of the teams in a conference?