Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
This goes back to the old "is it player of the year or MVP" question. If the award is for MVP, I'd agree with Emmenecker, but if this is a player of the year award, I'd have to go with Osiris.

Pretty much. Falker doesn't belong on the first team btw.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:23 PM)
Notre Dame just finished its second straight season of being undefeated at home.

No losses at home since the 2005- 2006 season.

That includes all the Big East.

They are still mediocre on the road and can't play defense. :P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 12:24 AM)
They are still mediocre on the road and can't play defense. :P

Their road losses:

Baylor (L by 4)

Georgia Tech (L by 1)

Marquette (L by 26)

Georgetown (L by 19)

Connecticut (L by 6)

Louisville (L by 5)

Only two bad losses of six, and all those teams sans Georgia Tech will probably be in the NCAA.

Defensively; in my opinion, as long as you outscore your opponent, who cares?

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
Their road losses:

Baylor (L by 4)

Georgia Tech (L by 1)

Marquette (L by 26)

Georgetown (L by 19)

Connecticut (L by 6)

Louisville (L by 5)

Only two bad losses of six, and all those teams sans Georgia Tech will probably be in the NCAA.

Defensively; in my opinion, as long as you outscore your opponent, who cares?

The Louisville game was nowhere near that close, and Georgia Tech is AWFUL. Anyways, tournament games, especially when you get past the first weekend, are won by defense and point guard play, and ND is horrible in regards to the former and mediocre with Tory Jackson in regards to the latter (he's basically a slightly better Chester Frazier).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
The Louisville game was nowhere near that close, and Georgia Tech is AWFUL. Anyways, tournament games, especially when you get past the first weekend, are won by defense and point guard play, and ND is horrible in regards to the former and mediocre with Tory Jackson in regards to the latter (he's basically a slightly better Chester Frazier).

Look, I don't have Final Four aspirations, but if they make it to the Sweet 16, I'd be satisfied.

Elite 8, I'd be thrilled!

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)
Look, I don't have Final Four aspirations, but if they make it to the Sweet 16, I'd be satisfied.

Elite 8, I'd be thrilled!

Well you are right about one thing, Notre Dame has an elite offense in terms of the national picture. McAlarney and Harangody alone can win games against superior teams with their ability to put the ball in the basket, which is a lost art nationally.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
42 pts, game winning 3 for Mr. Foster!

yeah he hit his last 9 threes, 9 for 9 in the second half and OT....just ridic.. i know you know fathom, but its sad that more people across the country dont know about this guy...hes 6-6 with long arms and an unbelievably high release that must make it as if he his 6-9 shooting it from the arc...he was huge against UT and now this...people better start learning his name

Shan Foster reminds me A LOT of Josh Howard. Howard, like Foster, stayed all 4 years and was GREAT as a senior. Both are about 6'7, but were way underrated nationally in college. Howard ended up going on the last pick of the first round and being a steal, and I see a similar fate for Foster, who is projected to go in a similar range to Howard in the draft, and will be a very good NBA player IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101