Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 11:04 PM)
I personally hate it, it's much more fun to have the mid majors play the big boys. That's why imo you didn't have as many upsets last season in the first round.

The POD system has eliminated the early upsets.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
Finally, the topic of Indiana has been brought up with Knight.

I wanted to see what would happen with that. Dicky V was campaigning for him to be the coach here again next year; Knight was just glaring "WTF?" the whole time. Quality stuff.

That was fantastic.

Well Brand is gone; so's Mike Davis, and the Sampson debacle's almost over.

Only problem... Knight would gut the program. Half those kids would transfer because they'd never make it academically or under his totalitarianist schema.

Well Vitale also wanted to coach with Knight, and have Digger Phelps too. Im pretty sure Knight was like "WTF why would I ever coach with you, your an idiot" but thats just my guess. Vitale and Knight couldnt agree less on how basketball should be played.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
Well Brand is gone; so's Mike Davis, and the Sampson debacle's almost over.

Only problem... Knight would gut the program. Half those kids would transfer because they'd never make it academically or under his totalitarianist schema.

I don't want it to happen, nor should it/will it. Also, the current school president McRobbie was hired by Brand; that's enough reason for him to not want to come here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
I don't want it to happen, nor should it/will it. Also, the current school president McRobbie was hired by Brand; that's enough reason for him to not want to come here.

Makes sense.

I think that Vitale and Digger have been "riding the comfort line" with Knight ever since he agreed to the analyst job. They're friends of his, so they try and get him uncomfortable on national tv on purpose just to get him upset or make him sweat.

Basically, they're f***ing with him for the hell of it.

A few observations....

1. If I were an Illini fan, NOW is when I would be laughing my ass off @ IU. IU has not played well so they have no one to blame but themselves, but damn that was rough.

2. Is anyone besides me intrigued by a potential matchup between Wisconsin & Georgetown?

3. Tennessee will struggle w/ Butler but still win.

4. The committee should have found a way to get Georgia a Fri/Sun spot.

5. Pitt/Mich St in a 2nd round game is a great matchup.

6. Drake/UConn is interesting too.

7. Pardon my ignorance but what is CBI??

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
In honor of fathom, nobody cares about your brackets...

Bracket discussion is ok in my book. It's not the same as "I want the White Sox to do well, but need Mags to hit 3 home runs...FANTASY TEAM!".

At least in cheering for your bracket you are actually cheering for a team.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Bracket discussion is ok in my book. It's not the same as "I want the White Sox to do well, but need Mags to hit 3 home runs...FANTASY TEAM!".

At least in cheering for your bracket you are actually cheering for a team.

Agreed.