Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great finish and a nice win for Wisky and the Big Ten. Road wins against top 10 teams are not easy, especially without a key player.

Soxbadger, I have a hypothetical for you. Based on the assumption you can only choose one and not both.

Which trip does a Badger fan make?

Austin for a matchup with the Top 10 Longhorns

or

Tampa for the Outback Bowl

Where do the loyalties lie for most Badgers?

Edited by Rex Hudler

Well Im going to Tampa, and never even really considered going to Austin.

But if Wisconsin was in the Sweet 16, and it was a time I could get days free or plane tickets, etc, then id probably go to that as well.

For most Wisconsin fans, football comes first. When it was a possibility Wisconsin was going to the Alamo bowl people were talking about going to that and then seeing the basketball team.

Not to mention Ive never been to a Wisconsin basketball game, but had season tickets to football...

Even worse, Wisconsin has played in Chicago a few times and Ive never gone either.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
Well Im going to Tampa, and never even really considered going to Austin.

But if Wisconsin was in the Sweet 16, and it was a time I could get days free or plane tickets, etc, then id probably go to that as well.

For most Wisconsin fans, football comes first. When it was a possibility Wisconsin was going to the Alamo bowl people were talking about going to that and then seeing the basketball team.

Not to mention Ive never been to a Wisconsin basketball game, but had season tickets to football...

Even worse, Wisconsin has played in Chicago a few times and Ive never gone either.

Based on that, personally I think you should be banned from this thread until you attend a Badgers hoops game. All of this "info" you have been giving us is based on false pretenses. I'm deeply disappointed.

;-)

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
Based on that, personally I think you should be banned from this thread until you attend a Badgers hoops game. All of this "info" you have been giving us is based on false pretenses. I'm deeply disappointed.

;-)

I agree. Minus the wink smiley.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)

;-)

This sounds familiar to someone else on this board as of a week ago... :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
This sounds familiar to someone else on this board as of a week ago... :P

The difference is I had never seen IU play in Bloomington.

I have seen them play in Indianapolis, Evansville, Louisville, Birmingham and Orlando for a total of about 10-12 games. That's 5 cities and 4 states for those keeping score at home.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 11:27 AM)
IU plays its first game of the year with its full lineup tonight against Chicago State. Reserve forward/center Eli Holman is out with an injury, but he was only getting mop up minutes for the most part so I did not count him. Tonight will be the first time they have to find playing time for Gordon, Bassett, Crawford and Ratliff. Ellis will slide to the small forward spot where he was early in the year, so the two inside spots will have to be split between DJ, Mike White, DeAndre and Stemler. They'll have a legit 9-man rotation to use tonight.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Ha just messing. It'll be interesting to see how the distribution of minutes tonight, with us basically being at first strength for the first time this season tonight.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=1283

Or not.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 29, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
In a few years Kentucky could be sitting 3rd all-time in wins.

Kentucky - 1,948 + 5 = 1,953

UNC - 1,914 + 12 = 1,926

Kansas - 1,906 + 11 = 1,917

This is the least pressing concern of the current state of the program.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
I'm good besides a broken nose. Still in Carbondale though to see us lose our first conference game today.

Graves fought back? I had enough energy to drive home after the game with no problem.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 30, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
Graves fought back? I had enough energy to drive home after the game with no problem.

Ha, nah, I caught an elbow playing ball yesterday. Blood everywhere, good times.

Good to hear that you didn't need Dunkin Donuts. ;)