Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
Any truth to Pruitt being out due to disciplinary issues?

Team has the flu bug going around right now, and they wanted to see the kids play. Bruce is a discipline wimp, but he wouldn't even sit out a guy in stealth mode for an exhibition game as "punishment".

As for the redshirt situation, Cole looked great last night but it's gotta be him. Davis is raw as hell, but his length, athleticism, and instincts at the 4 are too benificiary to not have. I wish they'd redshirt Carlwell as well, as he won't be in basketball shape until league play IMO, but I doubt that happens. Tisdale didn't look great last night, but he's too skilled to redshirt.

Oh, and you could redshirt Carlwell. You'd lose a precious 2010, but you just gained one with C.J. on football scholarship officially now. Tough decision.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Team has the flu bug going around right now, and they wanted to see the kids play. Bruce is a discipline wimp, but he wouldn't even sit out a guy in stealth mode for an exhibition game as "punishment".

As for the redshirt situation, Cole looked great last night but it's gotta be him. Davis is raw as hell, but his length, athleticism, and instincts at the 4 are too benificiary to not have. I wish they'd redshirt Carlwell as well, as he won't be in basketball shape until league play IMO, but I doubt that happens. Tisdale didn't look great last night, but he's too skilled to redshirt.

Oh, and you could redshirt Carlwell. You'd lose a precious 2010, but you just gained one with C.J. on football scholarship officially now. Tough decision.

CJ's would already be open for 2010 so you really wouldn't be gaining one by redshirting Carlwell. I would actually lean towards not redshirting anyone and just letting things sort themselves out.

AP Top 25

1. North Carolina (29) 0-0 1,728

2. UCLA (24) 0-0 1,710

3. Memphis (18) 0-0 1,680

4. Kansas 0-0 1,568

5. Georgetown (1) 0-0 1,504

6. Louisville 0-0 1,380

7. Tennessee 0-0 1,371

8. Michigan State 0-0 1,296

9. Indiana 0-0 1,145

10. Washington State 0-0 1,103

11. Marquette 0-0 1,002

12. Oregon 0-0 918

13. Duke 0-0 868

14. Gonzaga 0-0 711

15. Texas 0-0 638

16. Texas A&M 0-0 623

17. Arizona 0-0 499

18. USC 0-0 480

19. Arkansas 0-0 468

20. Kentucky 0-0 372

21. North Carolina State 0-0 338

22. Pittsburgh 0-0 293

23. Stanford 0-0 290

24. Southern Illinois 0-0 222

25. Kansas State 0-0 216

Others Recieving Votes

Villanova 144, Ohio State 128, Butler 114, Syracuse 103, Clemson 83, Xavier 73, Connecticut 50, Davidson 50,

Mississippi State 38, Florida 35, West Virginia 20, Virginia 19, Virginia Commonwealth 19, Notre Dame 18,

Wisconsin 15, Alabama 14, Missouri 8, Nevada 6, Maryland 6, Washington 6, Vanderbilt 6, Utah State 4,

New Mexico State 4, Providence 3, Brigham Young 3, Akron 2, Illinois 2, Southern Miss 2, George Mason 1,

Houston 1.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 04:26 AM)

My guess is both Carlwell and Semrau (who is showing why high-level DI teams backed off on him) don't finish their career with the Illini.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 06:39 AM)
I know you're the same way as me B>W but I'm so excited for monday. I can't explain to you how much I missed college basketball.

Yeah, me too. The number one thing I would change about sports is for the CBB opener to get TV coverage(Not including ESPNU), even if it is just Memphis vs. Tenn-Martin.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 09:53 AM)
Yes, Grand Valley State in 2OT.

But it's just an exhibition game, so no biggie.

Really? I would of been pretty disappointed if SIU lost to King last night in an exhibition game.

My not-so-in-depth analysis of the IU-Northern Alabama game:

Jordan Crawford was ridiculous. 9/10 from the field, including 6/6 from downtown, and he finished with 30 points. Although, he strikes me as a very emotional and streaky player, so he easily could have gone 2/10 from the field as well, if he had missed his first few shots. But still, he looked really good.

Eric Gordon was as good as advertised.

Lance Stemler was horribly disappointing. He made a bunch of dumb mistakes, couldn't get a hand on some rebounds, and overall just was bad.

Eli Holman started slow, but picked it up by the end.

DeAndre didn't have the greatest stats, and he had some dumb fouls (he fouled out), but he had 4 steals or so, and he looked quick on them.

That's all for now, maybe more later.