Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 04:39 AM)
pooper scooper, ku needs to get tougher on the boards.

I thought that was close to a 10 second call at the end of the game....i jumped up and twisted my freakin ankle.

Sherron Collins just doesn't impress me. Kansas has 4 guys in Chalmers, Rush, Arthur, and Jackson who are playing at a high level. Heck, Kaun's impressed the hell out of me lately.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Sherron Collins just doesn't impress me. Kansas has 4 guys in Chalmers, Rush, Arthur, and Jackson who are playing at a high level. Heck, Kaun's impressed the hell out of me lately.

He has just recovered from his broken foot yet, he seems very tenative. I wish they would incoprorate Tyrel Reed more. He is a wonderful shooter and could be a nice change of pace guy.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
So did Nova. I can't believe the refs called that foul with .01 seconds left.

That officiating crew should be ashamed of themselves. That call should never, ever be made. What great game and it gets soured because of that. 'Nova did a great job fighting to get back into it at the end, i would have loved to see that game go to OT. Unfortunate

Lawson & Ginyard will be gametime decisions tonight. If both can't go it will be down to Q. Thomas and a couple of walk-ons as points. Maybe Ellington handles the rock some (trouble). Charlotesville is an ACC house of horrors for the Heels this could be rough tonight. Getting healthy is imperative, but I hope at least one can go full strength tonight.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
Illinois is in town tonight... I can't wait to get back from the game to see a number of posts in here complaining about how bad the refs are and how you guys can't wait to see Pruitt/Randle graduate :P

you forgot: "and how bad weber sucks."

:lol:

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
I doubt either will go, and ballhandling should fall to QT, Wayne, and William Graves.

Not going to be another fun game, Tyler will have to put the team on his back again it looks like.

As much talent as you guys have on that team and you can't find somebody that can dribble?

lol Rex, you would think so, but with Frasor out for the year, and Lawson "hurt", the two best ballhandling options are out the window. Quentin Thomas really picked it up later in the Clemson game, so I have a little hope, but he's still a little used 4 year guy that didn't really develop during his tenure playing behind Felton, Frasor, and Lawson.

Weird thing is, there's a good chance that he will go down as the all time winningest player in UNC history.

Wouldn't be suprised of walk-on Marc Campbell got a few minutes at PG, things are desperate.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Izzo might have a stroke. I cant be the only one who has watched Purdue and has seen this?

I watch Purdue all the time and love it :P

Huge game and up big love what Im seeing, if only the Blue Demons could play this well :(

Blue Demons dont play in the Big 10, Im worried that Purdue is going to win the rest of the Big 10 games and then lose in the NCAA tourney because the refs arent going to let this type of play go. I have never seen a team so physical get away with so much contact. Their defenders just ride the ball handler to the point where you cant even call a foul because every possession would result in one. Ive seen Gray get slapped in the face (no call) and raked from behind (no call)

Im sure the refs will call the game much closer and give MSU a chance, the problem may be that theyve already gotten down so far.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
seriously, ExaggerationSPN.

So far, Hummel is the best freshman in the big ten, Izzo is a legendary coach based on how great he b****es to the refs, this is the best game that has been on TV all season.

I'm not so sure Hummel hasn't been the best overall frosh during Big 10 play this year.