Who is your favorite player currently on the Sox's MLB level team?

Marky Mark

A simple question  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite player currently on the Sox's MLB level team?

• Mark Buehrle
    • Paul Konerko
    • Bobby Jenks
    • AJ Pierzynski
    • Jim Thome
    • Joe Crede
    • Josh Fields
    • Jermaine Dye
    • One of the new guys who hasn't even played for us yet (write your choice)
    • Other (write your choice)

I was watching the '05 WS DVD today and thought about how I've got a lot of man love for Mark Buehrle. Then I started wondering, is Mark Buehrle the most loved player on the White Sox? Or is he just well liked by most, but not the favorite? If this poll was made years ago I'm sure Big Frank would be the winner, but I am curious, who is the most well liked player on the Sox by their fans?

Also, just out of curiosity, is there anyone on this site who sincerely does not want to see Juan Uribe off this team (for reasons other than him dousing himself in marinades at the end of the ball game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any player that is born in the 80's, since you know, it's the best decade. :)

So yes, Fields, Danks, Quentin, Booner, Swisher-house, Jenks etc... even Owens. (The young, the proud, the future)

Only players I like that are older... Buehrle, (who is pretty damn close to the 80's anyway) Vazquez, Thome.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 12:43 AM)
Dye (Not sure why he's not listed on the poll.)

Yeah I meant to list him, I guess I forgot, cuz I'm sure a lot less people like Contreras than Dye. If anyone can edit the poll, change Contreras to Dye.

Edited by Markbilliards

I voted for Crede. He proved how much of a stud he is in the 2005 playoffs, and continued that in 2006 when he went out and played gold glove caliber 3B while having his best career season offensively - all with 2 herniated discs in his back. It's sad that he's probably never going to play another regular season game with the White Sox, but I for one enjoyed his stay with the club and wish him a full recovery and the best of success wherever he winds up (probably Frisco).

One of the things I'll miss most is hearing Hawk yell "Joooooe Creeeede!" after either a stud stab at 3rd or a clutch bomb.

:headbang

AJ, catchers have to stick together.

But I have developed less and less of attachments to players. As soon as they are no longer wanted we send them off, if they take a better deal we call them bums. So we cheer for whomever is filling the uniform at the moment.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)
Any player that is born in the 80's, since you know, it's the best decade. :)

So yes, Fields, Danks, Quentin, Booner, Swisher-house, Jenks etc... even Owens. (The young, the proud, the future)

Only players I like that are older... Buehrle, (who is pretty damn close to the 80's anyway) Vazquez, Thome.

Haha, I like that one.

Konerko, but Buehrle is VERY close behind.

Grand Slam in the World Series = Best moment of my sports life. Followed closely by Hester running back the opening kickoff in the Superbowl.

Although, Buehrle's no-no is up there as well.

But really, I'm surprised Konerko has had such a weak showing in this poll.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 08:18 AM)
AJ, catchers have to stick together.

But I have developed less and less of attachments to players. As soon as they are no longer wanted we send them off, if they take a better deal we call them bums. So we cheer for whomever is filling the uniform at the moment.

Thanks, Seinfeld. Would you like to see the Sox in cotton unis too?

:lol:

Whoops, almost forgot to say who my fav is. It's Buehrle and it's not close.

Edited by CanOfCorn