CWSOX45

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mines right according to the time site........lol......yours is off by an hour

:lol:

your time is the one that sucks - you realize that it is light one hour later here? I am not that far east, just over the time zone line more or less, just a bit north - I like our time better

Guest hotsoxchick1

your time is the one that sucks - you realize that it is light one hour later here? I am not that far east, just over the time zone line more or less, just a bit north - I like our time better

i like my time.. i have one more hour of daylight than you do.......... ;) :D

since i been gone for a week

so this is for you hsc with heart felt feelings.

:fyou :bringit :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

since i been gone for a week

so this is for you hsc with heart felt feelings.

:fyou :bringit :D

:fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou back at ya babe........... :D

chicagoans always get that wrong -

when the sun is setting at 9:00 in Chicago it is setting at 10:00 (actually about 9:45) in western Michigan - we have the extra daylight at night, when you need it -

Lots of draft picks though!

Wait a minute. I tought that in the last collective barganing agreement one of the issues was that the compensation picks were going to be eliminated after last year?? I could be wrong but i know it's gonna end one of these years

Why not? Everetts a great guy in the clubhouse if youre thinking hes an a-hole...

Nope, just too much money. If we could get he and Robby to sign for $4 mill each, then I'd consider it. That ain't happening, especially if Carl hits 30 bombs, which is very possible. If we get to the postseason and we go a little ways with Carl, teams will catch on that he's actually a good guy in the clubhouse, just not a big media guy. Roger Maris was never a good media guy either(kind of out of the blue, but I hope you see the point).

Right now, I want to resign Bartolo, pick up Esteban's option, resign Mark, make sure Jose is here next year, make sure Carlos is here, and make sure Dauber is here. I also wouldn't mind having Tom Gordon back either. That and adding up Thomas's, Maggs's, Koch's, Konerko's(assuming he isn't dealt), Garland's and Damaso's money for next year, and several other things...and that will probably be over $72 mill. I can only hope we get rid of Konerko, because without him, that is at $64 mill. That is also with Thomas picking up his option(the $6 mill one....he could very well decline that and we pick up ours at $8 mill). I had Bart at $10 mill, Mark and Loaiza at about $4 mill each, though I think Esteban's is $3.5 mill, Jose at like $4 mill, Carlos at $5 mill, Dauber at $2 mill, Gordon at $1.5(because we'd pick up his option), and I had Garland and Damaso making $1 mill each. If we resign Robby, that will probably put us at $78-$80 mill.....that is a hell of a lot of money, and I think it is probably too much. Getting rid of Konerko and Koch is almost essential.

I think you get the point that Carl is not coming back.

Wait a minute. I tought that in the last collective barganing agreement one of the issues was that the compensation picks were going to be eliminated after last year?? I could be wrong but i know it's gonna end one of these years

They we're going to wipe that out, but they decided not to.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Remember Hahn is doing the dealing now, you think we're safer than before?

CWSOX45

Kenny Williams is making the trades, there is nothing wrong with Paul Konerko's hips and Jerry manuel won't be fired.

ok if you say so............ :lol:

CWSOX45

Kenny Williams is making the trades, there is nothing wrong with Paul Konerko's hips and Jerry manuel won't be fired.

Agree with all, sorry hsc.

Guest hotsoxchick1

CWSOX45

Agree with all, sorry hsc.

what ever....... :huh: :rolleyes:

HSC, I was just wondering if you knew anything about the Sox and Orioles talking about a trade that would send Konerko to them for Ponson? I know it was mentioned a few times on here, and apparently, the Orioles rejected it. The talks have died down, and what I'm really wondering is if the talks have died down for good.

So have they? I wouldn't mind giving the Orioles Konerko and a decent prospect or two for Ponson. Ponson is an innings-eater, something that would be very nice.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ive heard of it.. yes........did it happen yet.. no... could it.. yes ........depends on the orioles.......