Bonds Tested Positive in 2001

Heads22

oh man I was holding hope for Bonds too......haha haha........

It'd be nice to see Maris be the single season homerun king again along with Aaron being the all-time. Last year I was on the other side thinking it was ok with Bonds to be king and all, but I've changed my mind.

Edited by WilliamTell

Not so fast. It turns out that he didn't fail a test in 2001 after all.

It was a typo.

Typo spurs erroneous report on Bonds drug test

By Associated Press

Originally published 08:13 p.m., February 14, 2008

Updated 08:13 p.m., February 14, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO -- A typo in court papers regarding Barry Bonds filed late Thursday by federal prosecutors touched off a brief tempest over the mistaken belief that he failed a drug test in November 2001, one month after breaking the home run record.

In fact, the government meant to reference a previously reported November 2000 failed drug test that was included in the indictment unsealed last year, U.S. attorney spokesman Josh Eaton said.

The mistake prompted a flurry of erroneous reports on television and Web sites around the country.

The filing amounted to federal prosecutors defending their questioning of Bonds before a grand jury, and urging a judge to keep the slugger's perjury prosecution on track.

Bonds had argued that the questions posed to him by prosecutors were ambiguous and confusing. He demanded that the five-count indictment charging him with lying to a grand jury be tossed out. Bonds has pleaded not guilty.

In the filing, prosecutors said Bonds was specifically told before he began testifying in 2003 that he could consult with his lawyers or ask for a question rephrased if he ever got confused.

"Bonds never said he was confused or asked the prosecutor to rephrase a question," the government's filing stated.

Instead, they said their questions left no doubt that they were asking Bonds about his drug use and his relationship with personal trainer Greg Anderson.

Prosecutors said "as the evidence at trial will show, each count charges that Bonds repeatedly lied in answering the same question or questions on the same subject matter."

The matter will be the subject of a court hearing Feb. 29.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 08:54 AM)
Uh.....no, not quite.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3246675

It was a typo. They meant the Nov. 2000 test that we already knew he failed.

Eat s***, Bonds lovers.

But that was before 2001. It is obvious he only does this stuff in the offseason. Come regular season, he is clean as a whistle.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
Yessssssssss!!!! Still no failed test

eat s*** Bonds haters.. Barry is the man!!

:lol: Your refusal to call a duck a duck is really hilarious.Not that you care but statements like that make you look like an ass.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
:lol: Your refusal to call a duck a duck is really hilarious.Not that you care but statements like that make you look like an ass.

I don't care in the least little bit.. Bonds is the greatest player of all time