School Shooting and Guns

StrangeSox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:02 PM)
Violence??? Sex???

Have you seen Japanese movies? Anime? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying some of the same s*** and maybe even worse happens in other countries and from the stats posted before...Japanese people aren't going around shooting people at the same rate.

Education, education, education. Change the culture...that's the only way.

good point.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
Violence??? Sex???

Have you seen Japanese movies? Anime? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying some of the same s*** and maybe even worse happens in other countries and from the stats posted before...Japanese people aren't going around shooting people at the same rate.

Education, education, education. Change the culture...that's the only way.

No, the Japanese are just committing suicide at mindblowing rates.

but you're right about education.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
yeah not like the huge church-going population in Europe

Yeah, what Sox4life said. Soccer riots everywhere? ? Class riots in France? They are just as violent over there, and more prone to violent protest than kids here in the states. Molotov cocktails, anyone?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah, what Sox4life said. Soccer riots everywhere? ? Class riots in France? They are just as violent over there, and more prone to violent protest than kids here in the states. Molotov cocktails, anyone?

It might not be the hip thing to do here in the U.S. recently, but within the past 40 years the U.S. has had MORE than its share of riots. Heck, the number and intensity of the riots some cities have endured (Chicago in 68, L.A. in 92, heck as recently as Cincinnati in 2001) might well be related to the reason that France has had a series of them more recently than we have...because the riots here have forced some changes through systems.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)

I wasn't implying that europe was this magical land w/o violence. But they certainly have lower rates of violent crime, and they are a population that has turned more atheist or agnostic.

The best way to keep the terrorists from stealing our rights is to give them up! :headbang Why can't people understand that? Innocent until proven guilty does not work, if the cops think you are guilty, you lose all rights. That's when we are really safe.

You see the prezident is using some scare tatics to get us to waive our rights to privacy? http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/15/bush.fisa/

This isn't related to this particular case because he bought the guns legally, but can we make it a felony with a mandatory prison sentence for possesion of a firearm without a FOID card. They're so easy to get but the thugs, gangstas, and other scumbags don't want background checks for the card.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
You see the prezident is using some scare tatics to get us to waive our rights to privacy? http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/15/bush.fisa/

This isn't related to this particular case because he bought the guns legally, but can we make it a felony with a mandatory prison sentence for possesion of a firearm without a FOID card. They're so easy to get but the thugs, gangstas, and other scumbags don't want background checks for the card.

Just what we need...an even larger prison population.

Just what we need...an even larger prison population.

It's time to reevaluate who we sentence to prison, *cough* non-violent drug prisoners *cough*

I rather see a scumbag on the street have a bag of crack rocks (which is not treated as the same as cocaine or weed) on them than be an unregistered gun owner.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)

My first thought was they both probably shopped at WalMart as well. Then, after reading, I'm wondering if the dealer made this public to increase sales, like it did at VT. If that is the case :angry:

Y'all read his comments and tell me what you think.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:01 PM)
My first thought was they both probably shopped at WalMart as well. Then, after reading, I'm wondering if the dealer made this public to increase sales, like it did at VT. If that is the case :angry:

Y'all read his comments and tell me what you think.

Maybe if he just went public, but he talked to the ATF. I don't know, that would be one f'ed up dude if he was using that coincidence to boost sales.

I didn't get the blatant advertising spin from that article. Unless he's a Fick Suck I don't see how he's using the situation...he admitted that he got threats.

meh. sounds more like he just had good SEO on his website and if you're looking for glock ammunition he's got it.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
I didn't get the blatant advertising spin from that article. Unless he's a Fick Suck I don't see how he's using the situation...he admitted that he got threats.

meh. sounds more like he just had good SEO on his website and if you're looking for glock ammunition he's got it.

I've bought from them before. Usually good prices and quality stuff.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
It's time to reevaluate who we sentence to prison, *cough* non-violent drug prisoners *cough*

I rather see a scumbag on the street have a bag of crack rocks (which is not treated as the same as cocaine or weed) on them than be an unregistered gun owner.

Supreme court ruled it was unlawful to have higher sentencing for crack. Sentences were reduced across the country.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNew...119916620071210

it was a 7-2 decision. Federal guidelines specified higher sentencing for crack than cocaine. They basically got rid of that and said judges can decide.

I'll start off by saying that I scanned only the first page of the article you linked. But, my question was what was the constitutional basis for the decision, or even hearing the case. I was under the impression that SCOTUS is there for the sole purpose of determining the constitutionality of an issue.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
I'll start off by saying that I scanned only the first page of the article you linked. But, my question was what was the constitutional basis for the decision, or even hearing the case. I was under the impression that SCOTUS is there for the sole purpose of determining the constitutionality of an issue.

basically:

black people like crack

white/hispanics like coke

because the sentencing for crack dealers is more strick, this is racial bias. Therefore, the SCOTUS decided that the sentencing judge will have discretion.

That was PA's summation of the news, brought to you by Pfizer.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
basically:

black people like crack

white/hispanics like coke

because the sentencing for crack dealers is more strick, this is racial bias. Therefore, the SCOTUS decided that the sentencing judge will have discretion.

That was PA's summation of the news, brought to you by Pfizer.

Thank you. It makes a bit more sense now.