Pizza, have you tried every style

Texsox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
There is no other style than Lou's deep dish. All others are just imitators.

:headbang

There are some pretty good imitators (Papa Joe's on S. Cicero for one), but Lou is KING!

I've had St. Louis pizza, sad to say - "Velveeta on baseball cards" is what I call it.

"Pizza Wars - Chicago vs New York" was on the travel channel last week, and at the end of the show they lined up firefighters from a New York firehouse and a CHicago firehouse to eat Pizza from the other side. The New Yorkers were just plain ignorant, most of them wouldnt even try the pizza because they couldnt bend it in half and shove it down their throats. Just the idea of using a fork and a knife was offensive to them. At least all of the Chicago firefighters tried the pizza.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
"Pizza Wars - Chicago vs New York" was on the travel channel last week, and at the end of the show they lined up firefighters from a New York firehouse and a CHicago firehouse to eat Pizza from the other side. The New Yorkers were just plain ignorant, most of them wouldnt even try the pizza because they couldnt bend it in half and shove it down their throats. Just the idea of using a fork and a knife was offensive to them. At least all of the Chicago firefighters tried the pizza.

That show sucked. I don't care if you have crappy taste and don't like something, but those guys were the stereotypical New York assholes. The Chicago guys showed the class that is Chicago.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
That show sucked. I don't care if you have crappy taste and don't like something, but those guys were the stereotypical New York assholes. The Chicago guys showed the class that is Chicago.

I thought the show was awesome until the end when the taste-testers showed up. I thought the history behind the brands in each city was really interesting, especially all the different naming rights issues and stolen crust recipes.

But once those firefighters sat down, the show certainly did suck. What they needed to do was find some completely neutral participants and test it that way. I dont know, maybe some guys in Idaho or Washington or somewhere that those types of pizza arent readily available

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
I thought the show was awesome until the end when the taste-testers showed up. I thought the history behind the brands in each city was really interesting, especially all the different naming rights issues and stolen crust recipes.

But once those firefighters sat down, the show certainly did suck. What they needed to do was find some completely neutral participants and test it that way. I dont know, maybe some guys in Idaho or Washington or somewhere that those types of pizza arent readily available

Or normal New Yorkers. Not a bunch of childish guys. I've enjoyed New York style. In fact, the best pie down here is a NY style. Actually just a little bit thicker, but stil you can fold it over. But I'll pass over it in a second for a Lou's deep dish.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Or normal New Yorkers. Not a bunch of childish guys. I've enjoyed New York style. In fact, the best pie down here is a NY style. Actually just a little bit thicker, but stil you can fold it over. But I'll pass over it in a second for a Lou's deep dish.

Oh yeah, they were clearly playing up their roles as tough new yorkers and being jerks about it. In Chicago, they had one firefighter who said he liked the New York style better, at least he had the balls to admit it.

Admittedly Im not much of a deep dish fan, i really like thin style pizza. But that doesnt mean I wont eat it, I have a craving for Lous every once in a while. And the great thing is that I have a Lou's 3 blocks from my house on the corner of Roselle and Schaumburg road.

I'll take any of those over the crap that is here in ann arbor. Seriously, who thinks that Pizza Hut is quality pizza??? Only Michiganders can make a great food horrible.

Anybody ever have Nancy's stuffed over in Elmhurst? Whenever I go back I always get some of that, mmmhmmm!!