Pizza, have you tried every style

Texsox

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
I guess I'm weird with pizza, as for me it all depends on the day. Somedays I need a deep dish, and somedays it needs to be a Lou's. Other days it needs to be a Rosatti's.

Somedays I need thin crust. Somedays it needs to be from Red's, somedays it needs to be from another place.

I don't have an ideal pizza style, or place. Most days I prefer the thin crust though. But usually I like to make my own. Still testing different crust recipes out, and still experimenting with my own sauce. Pizza's more fun when you make it yourself. IMO.

But then there are those days you just need a Little Caesar or Tombstone.

Pizza Slut!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
Ach N Lou's in Aurora. Every time I go home, I make sure we go there at least once. It's thin crust, but oh, it's sooooooooooooo good.

I also have a soft spot for Home Run Inn.

I will occasionally have deep dish (usually when entertaining out of town guests), but it's usually far too heavy for me.

I love ach n' lous, i'm pretty sure my father goes there at least once a week and it is always a must whenever I am in town. I also am not a huge fan of deep dish, but hey, to each their own I guess.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
But then there are those days you just need a Little Caesar or Tombstone.

Preach bro. Dominos and Pizza Hut as well. I LOVE Pizza Hut's stuffed crust. (cheese) :)

EDIT: Can't hate on Waldo Cooney's either right Slav? :D

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Preach bro. Dominos and Pizza Hut as well. I LOVE Pizza Hut's stuffed crust. (cheese) :)

EDIT: Can't hate on Waldo Cooney's either right Slav? :D

There was a time when the Pizza Hut Pan Pizza was the greatest pizza in the world. When that buttery crust was just crispy enough, with just the right amount of burnt cheese and crust, their pepperoni was just crispy enough...that stuff was incredible when I was a kid. Sometimes you need to wallow in nostalgia.

I watched a show on delivery pizza a few weeks ago on the travel channel. Pizza Hut was founded by two guys who had had pizza only a handful of times in their lives. It finally explained why their pizza is so bad. Pizza in other parts of the country tends to be awful. To steal a line from The Office, "it tastes like a hot circle of garbage." I don't know what it is, but they just can't do it right. Even the Uno's chains in other parts of the country are crap.

I generally prefer thin crust, but I'll have a good deep dish from time to time.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:26 AM)
I watched a show on delivery pizza a few weeks ago on the travel channel. Pizza Hut was founded by two guys who had had pizza only a handful of times in their lives. It finally explained why their pizza is so bad. Pizza in other parts of the country tends to be awful. To steal a line from The Office, "it tastes like a hot circle of garbage." I don't know what it is, but they just can't do it right. Even the Uno's chains in other parts of the country are crap.

I generally prefer thin crust, but I'll have a good deep dish from time to time.

Pizza Hut pizza is for the most part pretty bad. I worked at a Pizza Hut once many years ago and I refused to make pizzas the way they made them. I made them my way and got good comment cards. But I wouldn't bend to doing it their way and quit.

Also Little Ceasers Hot and Ready are absolutely disgusting, nonetheless I eat them all the time because my youngest daughter loves them.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
Pizza Hut pizza is for the most part pretty bad. I worked at a Pizza Hut once many years ago and I refused to make pizzas the way they made them. I made them my way and got good comment cards. But I wouldn't bend to doing it their way and quit.

Also Little Ceasers Hot and Ready are absolutely disgusting, nonetheless I eat them all the time because my youngest daughter loves them.

I worked at a Caesars for a couple of years. I actually found the best way to enjoy a pizza from there is to let it sit for about a 1/2 hour before eating. For some reason their sauce actually gets better as it cools down. More of the flavor comes out in it then.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
I worked at a Caesars for a couple of years. I actually found the best way to enjoy a pizza from there is to let it sit for about a 1/2 hour before eating. For some reason their sauce actually gets better as it cools down. More of the flavor comes out in it then.

It's called "fermentation."

:P

Domino's and Pizza Hut are just TERRIBLE down here. They got a roasting for the salt and fat content in their Pizza's recently.

Our pizza sucks down here. No deep dish, all thin crust, and there are only a few decent places at best.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Domino's and Pizza Hut are just TERRIBLE down here. They got a roasting for the salt and fat content in their Pizza's recently.

Our pizza sucks down here. No deep dish, all thin crust, and there are only a few decent places at best.

Start a craze.

"DBAHO's ORIGINAL DEEP DISH PIZZA"

The aussie's will love it, you will make a fortune