What I did this weekend

Texsox

I just spent a great four hours hiking one of my favorite places anywhere http://www.worldbirdingcenter.org/sites/mission/ . Some of the greatest birding anywhere in North America. Orioles, Green Jays, Chachalacas, Road Runners, and so many more I can never identify. About three years ago they closed down the RV campground inside the state park, closed the roads, upgraded the facilities, and a whole bunch more making it one of the top sites in the World Birding Centers.

We took the trail down to the river and watched as the birds cruised low to the water catching insect. There were perhaps close to 100 Winter Texans riding bikes and hiking the trails.

There is a youth camp that roughly parallels the park where my Scout Troop has camped about a dozen times. It has always been one of our favorite places.

Sad to know it will basically be shut down forever soon. :crying

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
I just spent a great four hours hiking one of my favorite places anywhere http://www.worldbirdingcenter.org/sites/mission/ . Some of the greatest birding anywhere in North America. Orioles, Green Jays, Chachalacas, Road Runners, and so many more I can never identify. About three years ago they closed down the RV campground inside the state park, closed the roads, upgraded the facilities, and a whole bunch more making it one of the top sites in the World Birding Centers.

We took the trail down to the river and watched as the birds cruised low to the water catching insect. There were perhaps close to 100 Winter Texans riding bikes and hiking the trails.

There is a youth camp that roughly parallels the park where my Scout Troop has camped about a dozen times. It has always been one of our favorite places.

Sad to know it will basically be shut down forever soon. :crying

Why? (I didn't click on the link)?

I went to Record Breakers to pick up my ticket to see the Anti-Nowhere League.

I did some grocery shopping.

I did dishes and laundry.

I watched the Red Wings/Stars game.

I got some stuff out of the garage to sort/donate/throw away.

I farted around on the computer.

So yeah, basically the same weekend as you, Tex.

I went to the beach.

I got burnt to a crisp (and yes I did apply sunscreen).

I had sand blown into my eyes (partly from the wind, and partly from some douche who was flying this enormous kite and couldn't control it for s**t).

I rode 5 miles on a bike, when the bike stand / lever broke, and I had to walk it 2 miles up a hill.

So a fun weekend, yes.

Played the Wii with myboys

Took both my dogs to get nails clipped, ears cleaned, etc.

Bowled, and not very well this time.

Drank enough that I will have to work extra hard just to not gain this week

Moved everything out of my living room except the ultra-heavy entertainment center and ripped up all the carpeting and padding in anticipation of the new flooring going in later today.

Glad I didn't have to paint like FlaSoxxJim

I went to the Wilco concert on Saturday night. Left with two hours to get there before the show started. Still missed the first half hour. Then, since they over-sold the place, I didn't get to actually see the band for more than 5 seconds. Sat on the second floor of the Riviera (what a dump that place is) and just listened.

My girlfriend and I spent Sunday just driving around. We found the giganto houses that overlook 88 right near the new Cermack exit. Those things are HUGE.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
Mt. Olympus, formerly known as Treasure Island. Indoor waterpark and indoor amusement park. They are still in transition mode so there were numerous things to be disappointed by. But, all in all, it was a good time.

http://www.donqinn.net/

We stayed at the Don Q Inn several times in the early 1990. Theme suites. Very cool. Close by.