2008 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Yonder Alonso has ridiculous hands. They have to be the quickest hands of anyone in the draft.

That was a long 4th inning. Like 9 runs scored total.

f***....that bases clearing triple may be what breaks the Titans back. Damn Castro has been good, real good. I don't care what all the posters on here say, he's a legit top 15 pick and while some were surprised he went early (since he had such terrible numbers last season), all you have to do is watch him play and you can see why (he has a lot of ability for a catcher). Of course he is PWning the Titans which means I'm more biased, LOL.

Titans, you fought and tried and fell short. The pitching just wasn't there and the bats went cold at the wrong time (or at least the bigger bats in the lineup did). Oh well, I honestly was surprised all season as to where we were ranked and overall while they didn't make it to Omaha they did have a rock solid year and they did so with very few seniors in there lineup. We'll see which of the drafted juniors signs and goes pro, but assuming a few of them stick around, next years club is looking real good (and if a couple of there incoming recruits don't sign, it could be even better).

So I don't watch college baseball, but Im watching the end of LSU vs. Irvine right now on ESPN waiting for BBTN, why does the home team bat in the top of the inning? Or do they just switch off who's home and who's away no matter the stadium they play in? Either way it makes no sense. I thought LSU had a walk-off win...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
So I don't watch college baseball, but Im watching the end of LSU vs. Irvine right now on ESPN waiting for BBTN, why does the home team bat in the top of the inning? Or do they just switch off who's home and who's away no matter the stadium they play in? Either way it makes no sense. I thought LSU had a walk-off win...

They switch off cause of the best of 3 format. The crowd is electric in this game.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)

Before game 1 of the SR they flip a coin to see who is the visitor and the home team. The home team for game 1 is automatically the visitor for game 2. If it goes to a third, there is another coin toss to determine which team is home.

NOLES ARE FINALLY BACK IN OMAHA!!!!! :headbang

I get why they do it, but I think it kinda takes the excitement out a little, cause walk-off wins are pretty awesome...

Not that the crowd wasnt still going apes***, but....

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
Heartbreaking for Irvine, especially if they lose tomorrow.

what a crazy game...thats why college baseball is awesome though...stuff like that happens all the time and it makes for great games

I have a feeling ASU very well may bite the dust today. Just saw...right before the game...Ike Davis and Brett Wallace get into a fight on the field. WTF?!?.............

Edited by Wanne

ASU = choke. I have no friggin' clue what the hell Murphy was doing tonight. Starts a freshman who's started 3 games all year. No Kiel Roling in the lineup. Went to Leake WAY to early after already throwing 118 pitches on Friday. Left too many on base...no big hits...3 errors. Just had a feeling they'd choke after yesterday's game...but I gotta give Fresno credit...they came up with the big hits.

wow, this sucks. Game should be 5-5 if it wasnt for Delmonico.

I know Posey is pretty good at pitching but I'm surprised Martin went to him in this situation. He has only thrown 7 innings all year according to the stats on seminoles.com. Asking an awful lot from someone who hasnt pitched much at all this season.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
wow, this sucks. Game should be 5-5 if it wasnt for Delmonico.

I know Posey is pretty good at pitching but I'm surprised Martin went to him in this situation. He has only thrown 7 innings all year according to the stats on seminoles.com. Asking an awful lot from someone who hasnt pitched much at all this season.

No kidding, we're going to be 0-2 and BBQ. It's one thing to fight off elimination in the regionals and super regionals, but the CWS is a whole different beast.

I agree with you on Posey too. Gast has the endurance to go long. Sure he gave up a single, but he was kicking ass before that.

This is so embarrassing. Hopefully Miami wins tonight to rep the ACC, sorry we couldn't do it.

well we are getting that FSU/Miami matchup we wanted...

I honestly dont care right now if this team wins or not. I think the winner of this game should be able to make a serious run at the chance to get to the final series b/c it'll be a big matchup. But right now, I am too frustrated at this team's hitting approach.

I'll be working monday but I'm sure at 530 when I get home, it'll only be in the 7th inning of a 10-10 type game.