2008 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG zen. The better team won without a doubt. Its awfully hard to win when you get 13 hits and only score 2, strand 15 runners, and play some s***ty D (not so much today, but still hurt us overall). I knew this was coming, but didn't want to admit it...at least we kept up the good FSU tradition! 0-2 and BBQ.

lol, typical Miami/FSU game. Nothing ever comes easy. Our closer looks shaken big time. Not looking good at all for next game.

I'm glad I'll never have to worry about Posey again. That kid is right there with JD Drew as the best player in FSU history.

Nice job Chimpy. Cant wait for football season!

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
Tony Delmonico might be the worst defensive player in the history of baseball. Thanks for f***ing up a routine double play, hit right f***ing to you. How he got drafted in the 7th round or whatever, I'll never know.

Oh, so that's where Delmonico went after his dad got fired at Tennessee... Yeah, he's a good player, but we always felt like he was over-rated here at UT.

So, yesterday I found out one of my buddies led Division 1 this year with a 1.14 ERA in 71.3 IP (25 appearances). Yeah, no idea until I looked at his stats and saw his ERA and wanted to compare it to others. And then low and behold, he was #1, lol...

Anyway, his name is Matt Packer and plays at Virginia. He was the Sunday starter for UVA last year as a freshman, but was moved to the pen this year. He got a couple saves as well as some spot starts, so he was kinda the do-it-all pitcher for them. He's a great kid, smart as hell, and a lefty with a nasty 12-6 curve. I really hope the Sox draft him either next year or more likely the year after.

Just someone to keep an eye on for next year...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
Fresno State-Georgia final. Good luck Georgia, you will need it. Fresno is the scrappiest team I have seen in a long time. Mendonca for Fresno is going to be a gold glove 3B in the majors, he's awesome.

Fielding- reminds me of Eric Chavez, hitting reminds me of Casey Kotchman.

BTW- that bomb Beckham hit yesterday was nice- made me forget about the past 3 days. :headbang :gosox3:

• 2 months later...