2008 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ryan flaherty for vanderbilt ties andy phillips all time SEC record by hitting in his 36th consecutive game...robins next

on a side note im watchin the game thru cstvs all access and they have Roland Hemond in the booth for a few innings

Edited by daa84

Somehow it hasn't rained yet, but it's close. At 1:40pm they moved the game from 4 pm to 5 pm and that looks like a dumb move considering it still hasn't rained. If we get the green light, I'm heading out there at 4:45, but I would expect it to start raining at any moment.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Somehow it hasn't rained yet, but it's close. At 1:40pm they moved the game from 4 pm to 5 pm and that looks like a dumb move considering it still hasn't rained. If we get the green light, I'm heading out there at 4:45, but I would expect it to start raining at any moment.

god i hate early season rainouts......especially when its the sox, i get amped up for the season and look forward to seein the game, and then its delayed and ppd...hope you get yours in

List of teams who have made the tournament the last 5 years:

Arizona St., Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, Clemson, Florida St., Miami, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Missouri, UNC, NC State, Oral Roberts, Pepperdine, Rice, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Texas, Wichita State

2 northern teams in that list, but otherwise what you would expect.

yikes, pitching depth proving to be a major concern for my commodores (which was my biggest worry coming into the year)....ASU all over us 16-2 and its only the 6th inning...brett wallace has a slam and a 3 run shot for the sun devils....7 rbi

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)
who are you guys playing?

vandy is without pedro alvarez today...arm injury, not serious....still it would be nice to have him facing the #1 ranked team (USA today coaches poll) in Arizona State.

We're playing Duquense (not very good). I just left the 2nd game, final score 15-3 in 7 innings. 2 more homers in the 2nd game. We had a total of 8 homers today from 8 different batters. The starting pitching looked shaky (just high WHIP), but they got out of the innings unharmed most of the time. The offense was amazing though. I think last season we hit 3 homers in the first 3 weeks of the season. Now after 2 games we have 8.

Mike McGee, the FR Starting LF, was awesome today. Today he hit .727 with 8 hits, 1 HR, 6 rbi, 4 R, 2 3B and had a walk in 11 AB. He is also the starting pitcher for tomorrows game. Hopefully we won't use a DH and let him hit.

Edited by chimpy2121

Man...ASU put the smackdown on today. I was VERY disappointed not gettin' to see Alvarez today. Wallace with a couple of impressive bombs (a grand slam and 3-run shot)...can't remember who had the other dinger. Leake looked pretty decent on the mound. Actually Leake is supposed to be their best shortstop...but they think he's too valuable on the mound. Kind of a sloppy game for ASU though. ASU had 6 errors (I know Ike had 2 over at 1st and Wallace had one). I don't think Vandy had any errors. Lots of new faces on this team this year. I thought I was told that Jason Jarvis (closer) was ineligible...but he was in uniform today. He didn't pitch...but he pinch hit.

I wouldn't read too much into this game though....they could probably play 10 and split 'em.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Man...ASU put the smackdown on today. I was VERY disappointed not gettin' to see Alvarez today. Wallace with a couple of impressive bombs (a grand slam and 3-run shot)...can't remember who had the other dinger. Leake looked pretty decent on the mound. Actually Leake is supposed to be their best shortstop...but they think he's too valuable on the mound. Kind of a sloppy game for ASU though. ASU had 6 errors (I know Ike had 2 over at 1st and Wallace had one). I don't think Vandy had any errors. Lots of new faces on this team this year. I thought I was told that Jason Jarvis (closer) was ineligible...but he was in uniform today. He didn't pitch...but he pinch hit.

I wouldn't read too much into this game though....they could probably play 10 and split 'em.

if we dont get our starters to go deep its gonna be a long year....that pen is so young...the only guy who really has any experience at all is jason cunningham, and thats like 4 innings as a walk on after being the team manager...

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
if we dont get our starters to go deep its gonna be a long year....that pen is so young...the only guy who really has any experience at all is jason cunningham, and thats like 4 innings as a walk on after being the team manager...

Cunningham came in today in the 6th...faced 4 batters...gave up 4 hits and 4 runs...the last the 3-run dinger by Wallace. Tough day for Vandy pitchers...they had to have over 10 walks today. That never helps.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:32 AM)
Is that the same Guinn who was drafted by the Sox this year?

It is a different guy. We have Dennis. I think the other guy was Brian Guinn and he went to Cal.

We won today 6-5 over Auburn. They had to make it interesting though. It was 6-2 going into the bottom of the 9th and the final score was 6-5.

Edited by chimpy2121

Fullerton got beat down by Stanford yesterday and today. I hate this new f***ing schedule. Quality games like UCLA get moved to the middle of the week so I can't go. It will be interesting to see if they can pull anything out against the Tree's before playing the studly Bruins in a midweek series.

Fullerton is way too young and I have my fears about them with this new schedule.