2008 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We swept Virginia today with two 3-2 walk off victories in the 10th innings. The same guy got the game winning run in both games. It was a long (11-6), but fun day to be out at the park.

We shelled Jacob Thompson on Friday too, it was his first loss since June 2006. It was his worst collegiate loss.

Edited by chimpy2121

Badass...despite blowing yesterday's game the Titans came back from a 4-0 deficit to have a major conference series win (road series to boot) against the #5 Anteaters of UCI.

I'd say Fullerton will move up a couple spots in the polls (currently #25). Christian Colon (future major leaguer) is continuing to get more and more comfortable and Josh Fellahauer is a guy everyone in baseball should get more and more familiar with (he's a freaking stud out in CF...hits for average, power and can run).

Terribly sad news out of Atlanta. 21 year old pitcher, Michael Hutts, died today. They have yet to determine the cause of death and tonights game against Miami has been postponed.

FSU swept BC in a double header today 8-6 and 4-3. Game 3 is tomorrow with 100% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
Miami beats GT 10-5 and 15-5 today. Doesnt really matter though...

You pumped for the weekend? 1 vs. 2. We might draw over 20,000 combined for this series which would be awesome. It should be a great test for both teams.

Look how similar the teams are:

Batting:

Avg: FSU .352, Miami .341

2B: FSU 90, Miami 78

3B: FSU 14, Miami 13

HR: FSU 51, Miami 51

RBI: FSU 303, Miami 281

SLG: FSU .576, Miami .571

BB: FSU 238, Miami 176

HBP: FSU 36, Miami 35

OB%: FSU .465, Miami .439

ERA: FSU 3.62, Miami 3.64

BB: Miami 98, FSU 128

SO: Miami 292, FSU 255

BAA: Miami .233, FSU .239

Defense:

FLD% Miami .977, FSU .952 (ewww)

SBA%: Miami .548, FSU .581

(FSU has played 2 more games though, so Miami has the better numbers)

Do you know if Erickson will be back?

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
10 run 6th inning leads Miami to a 11-4 win at FSU.

I was really surprised that Martin waited so long to yank his starter.

Don't even get me started about Martin and that game. 3 errors didn't help either.

Miami is really really good. That SS has amazing range too. I came away extremely impressed, and I just hope we win one and win the series next week against UNC.

well that was scary.

Miami blows an 11-3 lead but wins 11-10 in a 7 inning game called due to travel time.

Then Miami celebrates maybe a little too much after an emotional game and the benches clear and both teams are held back.

Now we'll see if these teams can make it to Omaha. Both teams have so much hitting that it makes our pitching staffs look average when thats not even close to being the case.

I wish the game would have gone 9, but what can you do? (I was hoping for a tie just to show how even it is) After this series, I really do feel that Miami is the number 1 team in the nation. They're better than us, we just have to much inconsistency. Now I just hope we take 2/3 from UNC.

As far as the post game events, I'm not really surprised. All three teams in Florida hate each other, this was bound to happen, especially after such a close game like that. I don't think one side should be blamed at all.

We have a great chance of seeing each other on a Sunday in Jacksonville (although a lot can happen in a tourney). Hopefully we can represent in Omaha.

I know nobody follows ASU...or gives a s***...but I just have to vent. They've absolutely stunk it up on the mound the past 2 weeks. They lost 2 out of 3 to Oregon St. this weekend (after losing 2 of 3 to Wash. St)...and have to score 15 runs to win. I know the Pac is tough...but damn. Losing Jason Jarvis really hurt this team and not having Ike Davis available on Friday cost them a W. I'm kind of used to this with Pac 10 baseball though...15-12, 14-10, 13-9 games...and it seems like it's the norm anymore.

But my b**** kind of goes towards Pat Murphy. Just why in the hell do you have Brett Wallace batting leadoff!?!?!?!? I've NEVER liked the idea. ..nor have I understood it. I understood the need to move him from 1st to 3rd (which I still didn't like...but understood out of necessity)...but not keep him in the leadoff spot. I wish somebody could actually explain that move to me. Kipnis and Champagnie would work just fine for me at the top of the order. Brett 3rd. Ike Davis 4th. Paramore 5th. Roling 6th. Not hard to figure IMO. Murphy's such a stubborn ass.....

BTW...who's the CS Fullerton fan on here?...Chisoxfn? ASU is at No. 22 Cal State Fullerton (23-13) for non-conference games Tuesday and Wednesday.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
I know nobody follows ASU...or gives a s***...but I just have to vent. They've absolutely stunk it up on the mound the past 2 weeks. They lost 2 out of 3 to Oregon St. this weekend (after losing 2 of 3 to Wash. St)...and have to score 15 runs to win. I know the Pac is tough...but damn. Losing Jason Jarvis really hurt this team and not having Ike Davis available on Friday cost them a W. I'm kind of used to this with Pac 10 baseball though...15-12, 14-10, 13-9 games...and it seems like it's the norm anymore.

But my b**** kind of goes towards Pat Murphy. Just why in the hell do you have Brett Wallace batting leadoff!?!?!?!? I've NEVER liked the idea. ..nor have I understood it. I understood the need to move him from 1st to 3rd (which I still didn't like...but understood out of necessity)...but not keep him in the leadoff spot. I wish somebody could actually explain that move to me. Kipnis and Champagnie would work just fine for me at the top of the order. Brett 3rd. Ike Davis 4th. Paramore 5th. Roling 6th. Not hard to figure IMO. Murphy's such a stubborn ass.....

BTW...who's the CS Fullerton fan on here?...Chisoxfn? ASU is at No. 22 Cal State Fullerton (23-13) for non-conference games Tuesday and Wednesday.

That would be me. You should be in business because our rotation has been pretty piss-poor and the team has been all over the place (which to an extent can be expected given how young the Titans squad is). Fullerton did finally sweep a series they should have over the weekend (at Pacific).

I got some long hours ahead of me but I'm going to try to get out to Wednesday's game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
That would be me. You should be in business because our rotation has been pretty piss-poor and the team has been all over the place (which to an extent can be expected given how young the Titans squad is). Fullerton did finally sweep a series they should have over the weekend (at Pacific).

I got some long hours ahead of me but I'm going to try to get out to Wednesday's game.

Did you make it out to either of those games? Little 2-game splitter. I guess Murphy's been listening to my rants...he finally has moved Wallace down into the 3-hole instead of leadoff and it's paid dividends. How many times did ASU leave the bases loaded in this series and not score?!?...probably 4.