chimpy2121

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.

poor Savannah State.

Miami played St Mary's last weekend and I hated it. Losing just one of those games means a bad weekend really. Luckily we swept them.

Beat VT today 12-4. It was 3-3 after 6 but the bats finally came alive with Blake Tekotte hitting 3 HR's today.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 10, 2008 -> 12:11 AM)
lol.

poor Savannah State.

Miami played St Mary's last weekend and I hated it. Losing just one of those games means a bad weekend really. Luckily we swept them.

Beat VT today 12-4. It was 3-3 after 6 but the bats finally came alive with Blake Tekotte hitting 3 HR's today.

I'm split bout the tourney. I want to play you guys for the championship because it would be a great game, but the easier game would be UNC (haha, not that much easier) or another team.

And I absolutely hate playing teams like Savannah and St. Mary's this late. Losing one of those games would be embarrassing. It's a four game series so hopefully all goes well.

Fullerton is getting thumped 11-0 today. Gonna go tomorrow, hopefully they can pick up the win on Sunday and take the series. The Titans only have 3 wins on Saturday all season.

They are playing against Cal Poly who is right now probably in the tourney but they'll have to really finish the season strong.

UNC's pitching has been amazing this year, which is especially enjoyable knowing that the staff is so young. The offense hasn't hit as many homers as I thought it would, but the top half of the order has hit very well.

Should be a good series.

I love Yonder Alonso, the more I watch the more I wish for him to be our draft pick. He's got the size, left handed stroke, and most importantly the best eye in the draft at the plate.

I haven't paid much attention to him defensively, is he a liability there zen?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 18, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
I love Yonder Alonso, the more I watch the more I wish for him to be our draft pick. He's got the size, left handed stroke, and most importantly the best eye in the draft at the plate.

I haven't paid much attention to him defensively, is he a liability there zen?

He has 61 walks and only 22 K's this year.

Defense he's been very good. 460 changes this year and only 2 errors. He has been good at first base even as a freshman when he had a .994 fielding % as a freshman.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 12, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
UNC's pitching has been amazing this year, which is especially enjoyable knowing that the staff is so young. The offense hasn't hit as many homers as I thought it would, but the top half of the order has hit very well.

Should be a good series.

Aren't they playing their home games in Cary with the huge power alleys?

That has been the excuse fathom. But Boshamer is 335 down the lines, and 400 in center, and the USA training complex is 330 down the lines and 400 in center. It shouldn't be an excuse, and it's not like the weather is going to change a few miles down the road.