Cell Phone PDAs

Texsox

I've been looking at the t-mobile Dash, anyone have one, comments? Other PDA phones? I'm looking to snyc with Outlook, and do not seem to need a crackberry, but would consider it if I saw some feature that I could not live without.

Basically I'm in my home office most of the time, it is only when I'm in meetings I need to add appointments, look up contacts, etc. I'd also like a to do list that is easy to use.

I just don't think I would be sending emails and surfing the web.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
I've been looking at the t-mobile Dash, anyone have one, comments? Other PDA phones? I'm looking to snyc with Outlook, and do not seem to need a crackberry, but would consider it if I saw some feature that I could not live without.

Basically I'm in my home office most of the time, it is only when I'm in meetings I need to add appointments, look up contacts, etc. I'd also like a to do list that is easy to use.

I just don't think I would be sending emails and surfing the web.

Doesnt sound like you need a PDA if youre just looking up contacts and setting appointments.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Doesnt sound like you need a PDA if youre just looking up contacts and setting appointments.

I use Outlook at my desk and want to sync to it. A standard phone will not. I'm basically going to replace my Palm PDA.

I've had the Dash for a little over a year and I'm really happy with it. It has everything that you said you needed and is real easy to use and figure out. The e-mail is great, the internet is a bit pricey ($29 bucks a month), setting appointments would not be a problem on this at all. The keyboard is great for texting/emailing but the numbers for fast dialing are small. Still, not a big deal. The screen is pretty big and the phone is definetly lighter than a blackberry. The thing is, the phone is very durable, I've dropped this phone tons of times and everything is still fine. It also gives you the classy look when calling, well maybe cuz I'm in college. Any other questions let me know, I recommend it.

Ive got a Blackjack (not the 2 just the old one). It syncs with microsoft, has a full keypad, etc. The only downside is its one of the smaller pda style phones and even thought it has windows media player and supports microsd, there is no headphone jack so you need to get bluetooth headphones to take advantage.

I like it better than my old Razr, does everything and the memory card is nice.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
Blackberry curve, best phone ive ever owned.

Yeah, my dad has a Blackberry Curve, and it is pretty solid for a Blackberry- especially with the nice trackball it has...too bad you have T-Mobile...I have an iPhone. I don't think there is a better phone on the face of the planet than it.

I love my Treo. I've had the 700P for a couple years and it's awesome. It's got a full QWERTY keypad and touchscreen. These are two features I would need on my next phone (whenever I decide it's time to upgrade).

I have Sprint service, which has really come a long way over the years. The service is great: clear calls, fast internet browsing, etc. but if something happens to go wrong, the customer service with Sprint is about as bad as you'll find anywhere.

QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
I love my Treo. I've had the 700P for a couple years and it's awesome. It's got a full QWERTY keypad and touchscreen. These are two features I would need on my next phone (whenever I decide it's time to upgrade).

I have Sprint service, which has really come a long way over the years. The service is great: clear calls, fast internet browsing, etc. but if something happens to go wrong, the customer service with Sprint is about as bad as you'll find anywhere.

Yeah, I used to have Sprint...and wow, talk about jerks...

My company is renewing their contract with Verizon, and we're getting all new phones. Reviews are showing the Samsung SCH-i760 as the best phone they offer, so that's what we're going with. If any other service providers offer it, you might want to consider it as well.

QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)

Ive had Sprint for about 8 years and over the years Ive been building up a nice little contract that I was just renewing every two years and getting something new added on everytime I did it. Like unlimited texting for free or free nights starting at six. I bought a Palm Centro in December and my bill in January was like $400 and its normally like $100. Turns out they simply dropped all my extras off my plan without telling me and then just billed me for it. They credited me some of the money back but wont restore my old plan and were very difficult to deal with. After this next contract is up I think I might go to AT&T just to get the Iphone.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Does an iPhone count? 'Cause I'd really like one of those....

I know, I know, it's not a "serious business" tool. But still.

Honestly, it does a whole heck of a lot of stuff....and the thing is, it's a "soft" programmed device, so it is constantly being updated via iTunes software updates.

It's by far the most well-integrated, intuitive and simple "smartphone" ever designed. You can pick the thing up and basically figure it out within 5 minutes or less. Try doing that with a crackberry.

I couldn't be more pleased with mine.