Bears Cut Moose/Re-sign A. Brown

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
EDIT: It's on nfl.com now and I spelled Muhammad wrong. :(

So did NFL.com, don't beat yourself up too bad.

Bears release WR Muhammed; sign DE Smith to extension

Adam Schefter By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

The Chicago Bears released veteran wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad on Monday, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

Muhammed finished the 2007 season, his third with the Bears and 12th in the NFL, with 40 catches for 570 yards and three touchdowns. He played his first nine years with the Carolina Panthers.

The Bears also signed defensive end Alex Brown to a two-year contract extension on Monday. Brown had two years left on his existing contract.

The other sign this could be, which would be a good thing, is they realize Anderson is more of a KGB type that should be used in pass rushing spots exclusively. And that would be good, as it would be nice to see Angelo come up with an accurate assesment of a player.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

while i'm not at all heartbroken to see moose go, it's not like there's a stable of capable back-ups waiting to take his place. our wr corps could end up being: mark bradley, rashied davis, devin hester, marty booker, fringe nfl scrap heap guy/rookie low round draft choice.

ouch.

Yeah I think the Bears need to sign Benard back but I believe he wants some serious money .. As im looking at it now I see the Bears taking WR Limas Sweed/Texas (6'4''/6'5'' 217 23 yrs old) in the 2nd round this year .. just my thoughts though

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
Yeah I think the Bears need to sign Benard back but I believe he wants some serious money .. As im looking at it now I see the Bears taking WR Limas Sweed/Texas (6'4''/6'5'' 217 23 yrs old) in the 2nd round this year .. just my thoughts though

Sweed would be a great pick for them. I think he's going to "surprise" many people at how good he is.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
Lord don't tell me Marty Booker is a feasible solution.

Apparently, him and the Bears have had preliminary discussions. Jerry Angelo apparently really loves the guy.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
What do the Bears need most though?

Help at RB, WR or the OL? Which way do you go in round 1? If Malcolm Kelly is there at 14, do they pull the trigger?

And do they keep Grossman as a starter?

The Bears could add Moss, Tomlinson, and Brady to their roster this offseason, but if they don't fix the O-Line they miss the playoffs again.