Bears Cut Moose/Re-sign A. Brown

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
What do the Bears need most though?

Help at RB, WR or the OL? Which way do you go in round 1? If Malcolm Kelly is there at 14, do they pull the trigger?

And do they keep Grossman as a starter?

Go get Michael Turner and at least one FA OLineman. Then draft OLine in the first round and a WR in the second.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Go get Michael Turner and at least one FA OLineman. Then draft OLine in the first round and a WR in the second.

Thats exactly what i say the draft picks have to be my picks would be

1. OL Ryan Clady/Boise State (6'6'' 317 22 yrs old) (he is dropping according to some people) .. The reason i think Clady could fall to 14 is because this is defensive line rich of a draft and we could see 3-4 go in the first 10 picks .. if we dont get Clady, Baker will be the pick

and like i said earlier in this thread and most people seemed to like it

2. WR Limas Sweed/Texas (6'4''/6'5'' 217 23 yrs old) He is looking like more of a late 1st unfortunately but thats the great stuff about the draft to hope players fall and if he does that would be a great pick up for the Bears.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
Didn't they sign a bunch of old farts on the defensive side a few years ago..ty law, etc etc...

Sure Law and Sertain (who they traded for) aren't what they used to be, but the defense isn't the problem in Kansas City anymore. Donnie Edwards came back last year who still plays at a high level.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
According to the Score (Terry Boers and his sources), it seems as if ONE of the options this off-season is to Re-sign Rex, bring back Orton, trade Greise, and draft a QB somewhere in the draft... probably mid to late rounds.

thats a bad plan unless its drafting Joe Flacco .. no one else .. the only QB i will accept is Flacco(projected 2nd round--could fall to 3 but not likely)

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
thats a bad plan unless its drafting Joe Flacco .. no one else .. the only QB i will accept is Flacco(projected 2nd round--could fall to 3 but not likely)

I'd like to see the Bears trade down, get a couple more picks and get Flacco in the early second round. I used to like Woodson, but I think he's going to be Leftwich in the pros...good, but won't lead the Bears anywhere.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
I'd like to see the Bears trade down, get a couple more picks and get Flacco in the early second round. I used to like Woodson, but I think he's going to be Leftwich in the pros...good, but won't lead the Bears anywhere.

Trading down would be good for the fact its more then likely we get an OL in the draft ... teams are also willing to give up a lot for just a couple spots in a draft .. I say if we moved from like 14 to 25-30 .. we could get easily a 2nd along with the 1st coming back .. but if we get Flacco a lot is going to have to happen for me to believe we had a bad draft cuz its not possible

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)

Why the love for Flacco?He seems like he is the next Kyle Boller.What besides the strong arm has impressed you?

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
Why the love for Flacco?He seems like he is the next Kyle Boller.What besides the strong arm has impressed you?

idk I always love the underrated QB's in the draft (EX: Roethlisberger was one of my favorites cuz they devoted so much damn time to Eli and Rivers -- Jay Cutler is my favorite QB but yeah I think(and stll do) hes the best QB coming out of the Leinart-Young draft)

As for Flacco, yes he has that great arm, but his size is what we need here. 6'6'' and at 230 pounds, not much more to say after that. He threw 23 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, over 4000 yards this past season. He is very accurate in the low to mid passes and has the arm to get it down field. He was able to handle taking the Pittsburgh offense and then transfer and handle the Delaware one. That is also the knock on him though that he couldnt beat out Ty Planko at Pitt which made him transfer. But two seasons can change that and I think he can develop very good.

Playing wise he played at a school that didnt get much of the top competition so its a questionable pick, but I say in our situation and debating how our WR's pan out using a 2nd rounder on him would be a great pick.