Castro Resigns

Texsox

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
I would love to be able to vacation in Cuba somebody. And if you have never had a Cuban cigar ... you have never had a read cigar.

If the U.S. and Cuba ever work this mess between them out, it might overnight become one of the top vacation destinations in the world. I'd expect billions of dollars to flow in to construct hotels and other associated facilities the day after it opened up.

And, combined with the use of corn for ethanol...the end of that embargo might be enough to force the soft drink companies to resume using real sugar....

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
It is interesting we would have a wiretapping discussion in a thread about a communist dictator. You know, just thinkin' :D

American citizens should be at least as protected as Cuban citizens, shouldn't they?

/snark.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
If the U.S. and Cuba ever work this mess between them out, it might overnight become one of the top vacation destinations in the world. I'd expect billions of dollars to flow in to construct hotels and other associated facilities the day after it opened up.

And, combined with the use of corn for ethanol...the end of that embargo might be enough to force the soft drink companies to resume using real sugar....

I have often thought about getting an EU passport for the sole purpose of legal travel in Cuba.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
I have often thought about getting an EU passport for the sole purpose of legal travel in Cuba.

my church has sent people there the last two years...I'm thinking about going on their next trip.

My wife is probably heading to Hondorus on a medical trip as the lead dietician. Kind of cool side note.