College lecture halls

Texsox

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
I had doc's post highlighted and was going to post *click*, then went to page 2.

The thing with Gottheil was his test was nothing like what he taught, it was all application and figuring s*** out on the actual test. Didn't like half the class get a C or worse for him usually? Or a very high number fail? I remember hearing something like that.

I got a C in his class because I didn't realize there were online quizzes. Oops.

My son at Texas State (cool school no Friday classes) just told me his lecture hall classes actually have assigned seating and a couple classes have mandatory attendance. I can't remember ever having assigned seating in a college class.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
My son at Texas State (cool school no Friday classes) just told me his lecture hall classes actually have assigned seating and a couple classes have mandatory attendance. I can't remember ever having assigned seating in a college class.

Never had assigned seating at U of I. One or two classes had mandatory attendance. A lot of my gf's classes at UIC had mandatory attendance, though.

We have assigned seating in a few classes. I've had one class that you fail if you miss a day. I'd say probably 10% of my classes have been mandatory attendance.

Boo Texas State

They are lucky though with the no Friday classes, but my friends that go there say its tough.. im sure they just dont attend class because thats like the party school of Texas

Sometimes I have had assigned seats which is lame, but if not in the very back near the door so I can either sneak out when I get bored or have a straight shot out of the room when the class is over

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Boo Texas State

They are lucky though with the no Friday classes, but my friends that go there say its tough.. im sure they just dont attend class because thats like the party school of Texas

Sometimes I have had assigned seats which is lame, but if not in the very back near the door so I can either sneak out when I get bored or have a straight shot out of the room when the class is over

I believe all that caught up with my son. He went from top of his h.s. class to academic probation his first semester at state. Hmm, could it be alternating weekends in Austin and San Antonio? :P He's learning.

I usually sat up the back, in the last 5-10 rows, our lecture halls were pretty big.

But by the 3rd year, I found myself just not going to lectures. Do the pracs / tutes, and do your big study before the exam, and I was fine.