Who do we trade?

UofIChiSox

Hey all- I'm a U of I student, huge sox fan, and this is the first time I have ever posted here. July 1, 2003 was quite possibly the greatest day of my life, and I love these trades. I am a little worried now though. What does Kenny have up his sleeve to blow our socks off? There is obvioiusly a logjam at 1B/DH. Does that mean the Big Hurt is gone? It can't be. He's been my favorite player for years and I would hate to see him go. Does that leave Konerko or Daubach out to dry? I just hoped to get your thoughts. Personally I am rooting for the Valentin for Tejada trade, that would be SWEET.

Hey all-  I'm a U of I student, huge sox fan, and this is the first time I have ever posted here.  July 1, 2003 was quite possibly the greatest day of my life, and I love these trades.  I am a little worried now though.  What does Kenny have up his sleeve to blow our socks off?  There is obvioiusly a logjam at 1B/DH.  Does that mean the Big Hurt is gone?  It can't be.  He's been my favorite player for years and I would hate to see him go.  Does that leave Konerko or Daubach out to dry?  I just hoped to get your thoughts.  Personally I am rooting for the Valentin for Tejada trade, that would be SWEET.

Welcome aboard. :headbang

Welcome aboard. I like the idea of getting Tejada as long as the Sox don't lose everything. Jose is a valuable player though and I fear Reed is going to be lost in this trade. Since were only renting him, I'd rather make a push at Giles or a stud reliever or starter.

Hey all-  I'm a U of I student, huge sox fan, and this is the first time I have ever posted here.  July 1, 2003 was quite possibly the greatest day of my life, and I love these trades.  I am a little worried now though.  What does Kenny have up his sleeve to blow our socks off?  There is obvioiusly a logjam at 1B/DH.  Does that mean the Big Hurt is gone?  It can't be.  He's been my favorite player for years and I would hate to see him go.  Does that leave Konerko or Daubach out to dry?  I just hoped to get your thoughts.  Personally I am rooting for the Valentin for Tejada trade, that would be SWEET.

welcome UC - did seminary at Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago on 55th, lived on Woodlawn just 2-3 blocks north of the F L Wright home, partied at Jimmy's - I am guessing Jimmy's is still there? anyway, welcome - spent a lot of time in your library and on your campus - many times jumped the bus and el to Comiskey from Hyde park

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ugh... Valentin for Tejada...  Please no, Kenny.

I'm with you there doubleM.

Frank ain't going anywhere either..... not after last night.

safe guys right now... frank, robbie, sandy, everett, olivo, maggs, valentin, and possibly lee... everyone else can be up for grabbs.....pitching.. colon, buehrle, botch, and loz......im sure that everyone else could be up for grabbs.........if any of those get traded i would be very very very surprised...........

HSC, Kennys not in charge anymore is he? He better not trade Frank. If he does, I swear Ill kill him...

Yeah, let's trade our best hitter.

Even if Kenny were in charge, I don't think he'd be dumb enough or does he have the balls to trade the best hitter on the team.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Even if Kenny were in charge, I don't think he'd be dumb enough or does he have the balls to trade the best hitter on the team.

he tried to get rid of him., jr sent him to the dominican while he ironed out a contract with frank though... remember that???.. i highly doubt that frank is going anywhere as long as jr is still alive .....and heres a few things to think about concerning these latest deals and who did them... if theres any doubts.......1. if kw had in fact did these deals on his own..they would have cost us alot more than a few minor league players.. we would be eating salaries, and have given up at least 2 major players (1 for each deal) and a few more minor players.. its just his m.o. 2. how long did we have to take clayton (kw's golden boy) up the ass before we finally dumped him??? do you honestly think he would have sent jimenez (his golden boy replacement) packing in all this???? just a few things to think about........... ;)

he tried to get rid of him., jr sent him to the dominican while he ironed out a contract with frank though... remember that???.. i highly doubt that frank is going anywhere as long as jr is still alive .....and heres a few things to think about concerning these latest deals and who did them... if theres any doubts.......1. if kw had in fact did these deals on his own..they would have cost us alot more than a few minor league players.. we would be eating salaries, and have given up at least 2 major players (1 for each deal) and a few more minor players.. its just his m.o. 2. how long did we have to take clayton (kw's golden boy) up the ass before we finally dumped him??? do you honestly think he would have sent jimenez (his golden boy replacement) packing in all this???? just a few things to think about........... ;)

you have a good point, so who was behind the trade from the sox part? ;)

either way any word of trade jimenez?

i will admit here and now, i was wrong on jimenez, i thought he would turn it around, but i guess all the rumors of him are true.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i know that hahn did the alomar deal....and i heard that eddie and hahn together did the everett deal.......and its become an obvious feeling that eddie is playing a key part in whats happening around here with is desire to see a world series.........

well i know that hahn did the alomar deal....and i heard that eddie and hahn together did the  everett deal.......and its become an obvious feeling that eddie is playing a key part in whats happening around here with is desire to see a world series.........

who is hahn

Guest hotsoxchick1

rick hahn....asst. general manager........been here since november 2000.....promoted from director of major league admin to asst gm in 2002......prior to joining the sox he was with a firm based in newport beach cally that represents sports players.........dont know whats gonna happen to jimenez but i can speculate that he wont sit still in the minor leagues if he has his way..........